29: Dodge the Bullet just right.

"Nainnaaa!!!" Samar greeted me with a great warm hug.

"hey Samar. this  is Kv, emm Karanveer, my friend. and Kv this is Samar and his sister Rochi"

Samar greeted him with the same zeal. 

"didnt know this was a couple theme nightttt ahahhaa" Samar joked. 

"emm no its just a coincidence .. we justtt" i stuttered.

"ohh leave it hun, i'm just kidding !!!! you guys look adores !!" Samar laughed again.

and we sat on his table for a drink. i pretended to drink but of course i didnt. and Kv just had a beer.

they chatted for a while, about school, college whatever.

later, Gini, Kv's friend approached saying that we should all go.

Kv wasnt staying with his Delhi cousin's place but instead he stayed at Gini's house where 4 more friends were staying. like a sleepover but with guys in it too. and since i wasnt going home today, i tooo had to stay at Gini's place.

we said our goodbyes to Samar and followed Gini and others.

"i didnt notice you guys are dressed exact !! dope guys ! dope." Gini commented.

i looked at Kv with the i'm-done-with-this-world look. and he nodded.

"emm actually today is the international green day." with utter seriousness he answered.

"you mean st. patrick's day?" Gini all confused.

"no. the international green day, in tribute to a soldier. who always wore teal colored clothes." i added to his story . and we giggled.

"wow? but why tribute?" Gini asked with such interest.

"emm because..because he wanted to spread love but he was forced to join the army to fight in world war 2." Kv finished his sentence without leaking a laughter which was really hard.

"omg bad."

"thatswhy we wear teal today...:" i completed.

"great. i should have also wore teal today. koi ni. i'll wear teal tomorrow.." Gini sat on the drivers seat and we were almost leaving for home.

me and Kv laughing hysterically..

"so Naina ! how do you like Delhi? your first time here? " Gini asked while driving.

"naah its like my second home. i visit Delhi every year.but also i love it!"

"okay Naina so we're continuing a party at my place. too much alcohol calling so we'll PARYY"

"i dont drink .." i said. wow naina. you just had one and a half vodka shot.

"as in?"

"emm i dont like drinking" with every ounce of innocence i answered.

"aww Kv she's so cute !" she looked at Kv and laughed. not like making fun of me way but in a cute aww kind of way.

"i know she is" and then Kv winked.

ugh.

we reached her house and i swear what is with this Karanveer and his rich friends with super big houses? god i can fit my whole class here.

"welcome to my Gareebkhana"  Gini opened all the rooms for us. over all there were 15 people in the house after party.

everyone was dancing, drinking, more dancing. i somehow found a peaceful corner and sat there watching the balcony.

"not dancing?" Kv entered from the other room with a plate full of tacos.

"omg tacos ! " my eyes lit up. "em and also i'm really tired.

i stuffed one in my mouth and Kv laughed.

"do you want one?" i offered him the last one.

"no i dont even like Tacos."

"you're a monster."

"what? why?" he laughed.

"who doesnt like Tacos?every human being likes them"

he shrugged.

"hey btw.. did you mix saint patrick's day and valentine's day story to convince Gini that international teal day is a thing??" and i couldnt stop laughing.

"yeaah exactly. i saw that in a movie. couldnt help.. she actually bought that.." he joined me.

"international teal day ! a tribute to saint valentine  hahha" i almost rolled.

"hahaha here" he handed over a glass of lemonade.

"did you make this? abhi??" 

"yeaah sort of"

"wow you're perfect." i drank the lemonade appreciating how amazing it tasted.

"why do you say so?" staring at me now, he asked.

"idk but arent you?"

"people say that a lot."

"what they say is true, but what do you think?"

"i'm obviously not perfect."

"oh god if a person like you says this, i should literally jump from here. though its just the fourth floor."

"dont say that. please. you always undermine your value and thats really sad. you might not believe but that does saddens me. from beneath."

"thats theoretical" i shrugged.

our faces changed. his face  to a tensed concerned face while mine was easy and calm.

"you know how many perfect girls i've met? very few. and then one day i realised what the fuck perfection was. who defined it? i didnt care about the perfection anymore. i cared about the flaws. that had a better meaning for me" 

and again his cute nerd mode was on. i could so kiss him right now. but since theres no swapping the moment, i chose not to .

"why care about the flaws too? ignore them like you ignore perfection? wouldnt it be better?"

"a person is made of flaws Naina. i am made up of flaws. you cannot ignore that. all you can do is love them"

"yeah i know. you know in French N-A-I-N-A  is spelled  F-L-A-W ???" i giggled.

"you do undermine your worth Naina." his voice faded in this little laugh.

the cutest thing a guy can do. laugh and be concerned at the same time.

"emm Naina.." and he was about to say something.

NO NAINA .. HE'S ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING SERIOUS. PLEASE PLEASE DODGE THIS FUCKING BULLET. PLEASE NAINA PLEASE. THIS MAY COMPLETELY DESTROY YOU, LEAVING NO ASH OF YOURS. DO SOMETHING NAINA. 

"isnt it too late Kv? have to get up early tomorrow !! right?" i quickly changed the topic and lightened all the tension.

"yeah lets go." 

well done Naina...

dodged this bullet neatly. you should join CSI MIAMI !! you go girl !