34 : Surprise?

"i like the grey dress better than the blue one Naina.." roop kind of shrieked. even on phone her voice was loud af.

"the blue one is clearly better because in grey one you look like you've just returned from a murder scene."

"isnt that great though?"

"obviously not Roop. its a formal.. birthday. party where, emm different people whom you dont know but they know you like they've been stalking you since you were born, will be there who will not stop judging you asking a hundred times what are you going to do after school and some of them will try to fix you up with their sons so... screw it lady wear the grey one okay !!!!"

"hahaha i love you Naina.."

"thanks !"

"btw Naina, i wish you'd come to jaipur a couple of days before so you can attend KV's birthday party.." she laughed.

"ROOP!! how the fuck did you find about that??"

"i am such a detective!! do you think i wont notice when you ask me 12 times a day whether kv would be there at home on his birthday or not.."

"that was supposed to be a secret Roop. i beg please dont tell this to KV. "

"okay okay bribe me then !"

"you're satan whose hiding in a beautiful girl's body."

"i know!!"

so yeah i'v decided to visit KV on his birthday. since 2 months we've been skyping and texting and we havent met and also we've developed quite a bond *shy grin* with him in these past months which i'm not sure where will this bond go.. so anyways my dad was going on this business trip to jaipur  where i'm getting tagged. 

"say my hi to Khatri Aunty from my behalf..give her these, in the blue bag. then for Roop the pink bag and here's present for their son, in the another bag"

"mom, you mean Karanveer?"

"yeaah yeaah i always forget his name.. too long"

"yeaah ikr he's 6'2 .. thats pretty cool" i smiled while i tolf her.

"i meant his name.." my mom gave me a weird look while i just made a complete fool of myself.

his dad threw this grand formal party for his birthday which was yesterday which i didnt attend to avoid the drama and everything embarrassing.

so my dad left me at their place where i couldnt find KV. i sat and talked to aunty , lots of talks this time tbh.. Roop joined an hour later and she seem so happy to see mee here that she screamed and screamed and screamed for 10 solid minutes.

"emmm so where is he??" after few minutes of general short talk i finally couldnt hold this question.

"uh about that naina.." roop hesitated.

"what??"

"he's not here" she made a sorry face.

"what do you mean he's not here? i'm asked you everyday if he's there and twas yesterday you said he's there"

"he was here until yesterday at the party when he had a small fight with dad and he didnt want to celebrate his birthday anymore so he went to Adarsh's house."

"what? is he okay? "

"yeah Naina. he must be okay. everyone in this family is really stubborn. he's fine i guess.."

"emm roop...?"

"yeeahhh yeaah okay okay i'll ask the driver to drop you at Aadarsh's and you can go there to surprise you're sugar and whatever but first you have to eat lunch.."

"thaaaaannkkk yoouuu roop i love you " and i hugged her with all my energy. poor skinny lass.

i reached Aadarsh's place in not more than 15 minutes and rang the bell.. i really didnt care if i was welcomed or not, i just wanted to see KV.

the door opened and i saw Kv standing, a feeble smile lit his face..

"NAINA?" he lowered his gaze and smiled shyly.

"happy birthday Mr. Khatri !!" i smiled my best at him. then the next thing i know that we hugged for a whole minute. idk who initiated it, but who the fuck cares. i was so happy seeing him smiling that i forgot i was supposed to have jitters when he touched me..suddenly i realized and jumped. he took me inside where nobody was there..

"wheres Aadarsh??"

" i was here since yesterday night and he didnt realize it wasnt my birthday until his parents wished me an hour ago.. so i guess he's gone to buy me some donuts.." he talked while i stared at him.

"text him to get some extra?"

"already did.. "

"wait what?? you knew i was coming?" i asked with a hundred ounce of  disappointment.

"i didnt know you were coming. i was hoping you'd come..theres a difference.." he smiled again. this time a sad one.

"you know you cant destroy my surprise okayyyy.. even if you're not surprised atleast pretend to be surprised bcz its a really big deal for me" i pouted in anger.

"its a bigger deal for me Naina, you wont understand.." i looked at my eyes and i melted..

"really??"

he nodded "come lets go home.."

"well you read my mind..lets call Aadarsh too, since he has the donuts and uh nevermind.." i saw his confused brow and stopped talking.

"you want Aadarsh to come with us?" he raised one eyebrow and asked sarcastically.

"emm why not? i mean its going to be Roop there at home and whats there to---" i muttered.

"Roop wont disturb us" he half smiled while we headed to his car..

WHAT THE FUCK DID HE MEANT BY ROOP WONT DISTURB US?? US ??? US?? 

and really after the late lunch i went to KV's room to chill and to show him the presents i got for him, since then we stayed there either talking or playing xbox..

and literally Roop didnt disturb us even once.. what was wrong with this family?? 

what kind of rules run in this family? i asked a million times if aunty would object my chilling in his room but he said she didnt care.

wow. 

that was so cool..