35: proposal: the first

not believing my fate at all what the fuck was happening to me.. i liked a guy. and this guy liked me back, maybe. idk.. its just too much to take for a girl like me.. i really like this feeling.. when he smiles and laughs and i'm the reason behind it. i feel lucky, experiencing everything that was moving so fast at the moment.. 

"where did you reach??" he peeked into my book while he was working with some worksheets.

"ehh i'll tell you when i'll reach there..cant you be patient?" half lying on his lap i turned back at him and made a face.

"i thought you were a steady reader." he mocked.

"yeah but come on this is someone's favorite book..i wont fast forward the nicest parts you get it..Mr. reasonable!!" i jumped my head back to where it was.

he gave me his favorite books to read, a whole stack of them!! 

george orwell's- 1984
joseph heller's -catch 22
pablo neruda's poem collection
dante's inferno
stephen king's finders keepers

and there were few more.. so i read most of the time.. i'm here for just 4 days more and maybe i'll complete atleast half of them..

"Naina.??"

"yea?"

"did you get the newspeak there??"

"yeaah i got it... rendered to make the thoughtcrime impossible. something to do with emm there is no god when it comes to government or law something like to avoid the--"

"yeah you got it.." 

"and and it says big brother is watching you but but actuallly orwell never refers to him by any real name? and it shows that he's a fictional leader, this shitt is so confusing haina??"

"yeaah a bit" he whispered.

"btw winston knows fromt the beginning that he would be discovered.. i know it"

"yeeaahh great job tuppence" he chuckled.

"you have no idea what the irony says here--"

"will you be my girlfriend?" between my blabbering i just heard these 5 words, more like they just stuck to my ears.

"w-- what? what" i stuttered and quickly got up from his lap..

"Naina Singh will you be my Girlfriend?" raising both his eyebrows he asked..

"still whaaattt?" all shocked i didnt say anything but just lowering my gaze just like always but i can definitely feel staring at me..

" of course not KV.. stop distracting me..you think you're tactic to slow down my chapters is going really great?? uh no no whatever.. stop it please and also do youre questions.. and also mm mm " i pointed at his lap so he would make space again so i can literally coz up there."

"yes maam" he turned back his sheets raising an eyebrow and sighing really heavily but with a short smile..

thank god naina! you didnt have to answer that.. thank god. no matter how much obvious it is that i was totally in love with the guy, i will not say yes to his proposal.. i will never be his girlfriend. ! 

i have no proper reason for it but i'm sure ugghhhhhh...