46: pillowtalks

"please dont break.." i whispered as i stood in front of the mirror checking how i looked..

"what the fuck naina.." i didnt notice KV standing right near me. he might have heard my little conversation with objects like mirror and shoes and things..

"too late to realize i'm weird." i shrugged and sat on the bed to tie my shoelaces..

"as quoted in Benjamin button,  its never too late or too early to be whoever you want to be.. so mending that," he sat next to me, reciting all those bleh bleh words..

"ugh." i rolled my eyes on him at which he chuckled. "dont you have to use the mirror? i left it for you.." being done with my laces i was finally ready to go.

"do i look like i need to ?" he smirked as he stood up showing up his perfection. how was he always so well dressed. i've seen guys spending around half an hour to set their hair like the way they want and this guy is so sexy in any way, no significant effort. how did he do that.. i looked at his perfectly set hair and stroked my hand all over them, totally messing them up..

"now you do" i laughed and picked my bag quickly and sprinted away from the room before he could catch me. he tried running after me but i was long gone. on my way,  i fell at the entrance of the elevator and got a bruise on my cheek.. if i wasn't so experienced in falls, i would have cried and called for first aid but instead i womanned up and stood like nothing happened.

later when we joined other down in the lobby to start our trips, KV didnt really notice my bruise because of my bangs on the opposite side but somehow Amruta did.

"oh my god Naina..what is this.." concerned she touched my cheek and i shrieked so loudly.

"eh nothing.." i replied as i moved her hand away.

"Nainaa how did you get this?" kv touched my cheek in the softest way possible.

"KV? what did you do?"  divya joked.

"divya does this look like a hickey to you? stop that " Amruta snapped.

"no she was alright in the room.something might have happened like right now" kv ignored divya's joke.

"guyyysss i'm okay. i just tripped in front of the elevator and knocked my cheek.. its fine. i get bruises like this always! dont worry.." i shooed everyone away from my closest vicinity and smiled widely. although it hurt like hell but still i did.

 "oh and whats a hickey?" i asked in that lethal amount of innocence that could be easily taken as stupidity.. it wasnt even 2 whole seconds that all four of them started laughing hysterically. but kv wasnt laughing..

"she's so cute aahahahahaha" Rudra laughed.

Kv , lightly smiled and wrapped my shoulders by his hand and started heading back to the hotel.. "emm going for first aid. will take 5 minutes max" he waved as Adarsh and Rudra still laughing got inside the rover.

"why the fuck were they laughing." i asked again.

"because you're the cutest creature on this earth.. and i love you." he spoke slowly while putting an ointment on my skin.

"they were laughing bcz you love me? of course thats a thing to be laughed about but also, they were laughing because i asked what a hickey was."

"Naina. why dont you google it how to give an hickey?" he hid his smile by his hand while i opened my phone to check.

"uh oh ..." i made a weird face. "that.oh."

love bites!!!! fucking love bites !! yes my bruise does look like a love bite !!

"i'm such a fool." i made an awkward face..

"haha its okay."

"but the question remains, how do you get them?" i asked, totally confused.

"Naina..eh. enough embarrassment for today ?" he sighed and smiled.

and we returned back to them so that i can be totally flushed.

that day i bonded with everyone except Divya who was way too jealous and reluctant to talk. rest, everyone seem to like me. Amruta found me really cute and honest so she was mostly with me for the rest of the day..like we were some sorts of best friends.

we came back early that day as our road trip tiredness was piled up too..

coming back to the room and lied on the bed switching on the tv.. i put on my pajamas and my sweater.. had a habit of changing back to pajamas as soon as i come back from any place.

 i was so fucking unaware of the fact that there was also a second person with me. probably my boyfriend.kept on lying there untill i fell asleep there.. half on the bed and half on the floor. 

idk for how long was i asleep but i heard somebody switched off the tv. and that woke me up.

"get up naina..sleep here." he held my arms, picking me up..

"how long were you here?"

"emm 15 minutes maybe"

"why didnt you wake me up, was i sleeping like this all along? why didnt you wake me up??"

"bella i was watching you sleep.." and he laughed, looking really proud using that twilight's reference.. 

"duh..word of advise, never switch of tv or music after i'm asleep. because thats the reason i was asleep. when the sound's gone, believe me i'll know." i sat on the bed half hugging the pillow.

he sat on the bed, extremely far from me as if he was way too nervous to sit close.

"eh kv? are you a guest here? why are you sitting like its my home and you've been invited half heartily"

he gave me a questioned look and i understood. 

he was feeling awkward from my behalf..we were officially staying in the same room. was that the problem

but why was this freaking him out? like i was so cool with it. since a year or more we've been staying in each other's houses, hanging around in each others rooms, and that too in a close way. ahem, in a comfortably close way.

"hey, come here" i reached my hand for him and made a puppy face, this always kills the awkward silence between us. always a way too make him smile.

and there we were lying next to each other, just a pillow between us (because i had a bad habit of hugging something and sleeping, usually a stuffed bear but i sometimes use a pillow).

"are you tired too ?" i asked.

"yes" he whispered.

"you know i really enjoyed today. too cold but really nice."

"hmm"

"it doesnt snow here,too bad.. but do you like the cold here?"  i was literally darting questions at him. and all he did was stare at me.

"yes" he smiled and suddenly touched my bruised cheek. "how can you manage to stay pretty even with one purple cheek." his touch was so comforting and appropriate accompanied by his contended stare. 

well nothing in the day but this made me blush so hard. i couldn't jump back from the bed but instead i lowered my eyelids and i can feel the hear emitting from my cheeks and ears. i didn't say a word and closed my eyes. was he still looking at me? well why was he..

too afraid to open my eyes, i closed them for few minutes till i actually felt sleepy.

i was hoping somewhere between these 5 hours, i could lose this pillow. a huge mistake to keep it between us.