23: The First Present

after that, two consecutive turned out to be pretty great. my friends were treating me okay, Robin wasnt acting like a maniac, Akki's drama sessions were shorter, my mom dad were happy, thought i was working hard and stuff.. which i was but not 100% though.but i did good in my exams, passed in physics, not with the borderline but satisfactory marks, so my physics teacher thought i cheated..so he tried to hastle me with the viva questions during the practicals. but KV had cleared my so many concepts that i didnt fear that much.

as soon as i came back from the Parent's Teacher's Meet, (they gave our results this way. our school was the worst.) i called Kv to tell him i did good.

dont freak out please , yes we talked for these months, but very casually. all because of me. i made sure i treated him like just another friend and expected him to treat me the same. and things were going pretty great. we talked and nothing felt weird.

and the frequency by which my heart went BAM BAM BAM was also decreased. now it did the bam bam bam without the caps lock.

"andd the physics teacher was so shocked, he told my dad how i have improved and all the oscar shitt that he worked so hard on the students even the weak ones. huh"

"mm hmm" kv just listened.

"and and i topped my biology section, cz of my english and bio average so i guess you're math there wasnt wrong either"

"and how many people are there in your biology section?"

"13.. dont ruin my moment here you man there okay"

he sniggered . he cute. when. he . laugh. 

"and dont you dare laugh at me Karanveer Singh Khatri. i worked really hard for the tests. toppers like you would never understand our pain."

"haha so now I am the topper ? after i went back to school, i literally re read all those chapters i taught you thinking how the hell could they be that difficult to understand?"

"now see thats mean. really mean. can you not bring that up. looks like you want me to cry over center of mass again.."

"no please dont. i was toh just kidding.forgive me. but dont forget i'm gonna be calling to ask about the worksheets , daily."

"ugghh okay. btw hows going with the winters there?" 

"its good.. a bit freezing where we live but the city's pleasant. you should come visit Dehradoon sometime."

"how many places do you want me to visit? Dehradoon, Jaipur. and idk where not.."

"you have a normal school where they normally give decent holidays right??"

"emm yes Kv i'm in that normal school where i get decent winter holidays..so??"

"come to Jaipur. Roop and me will be there so.."

"no i cant come to jaipur."

"why not??"

*silence*

"but .. but i'll be in Delhi that time. and Jaipur is hardly 4 hours." i suggested .. more like gave a hint.

"great you just come to Delhi, i'll manage the rest." i can feel him smiling in this sentence.

"btw merry christmas."

"christmas? don't you think its too much early for that? "

"never for the present although." he teased.

"what present??"

"go check your mailbox. first thing today."

"wait. we dont have a mailbox."

"so where do you get the mails?"

"wait lemme check.." i went downstairs to check what letter was he talking about.

"but where do you get the mail? answer that first."

i enjoyed leaving him half curious like this. 

i went downstairs to check for the letters, i found just rather big package in the mail. it was the size of two shoe boxes.

i hid it and took it to my room so nobody could ask me questions. and also it wasnt picked up by anyone yet bcz they thought they were my correspondence course packages. thank god.

i locked my room and teared the brown jute paper carefully from the package. why was there wrapping again. wasnt it packed enough.?? 

there was this thing with me and wrapping papers. too much mercy. i can never ever tear off the wrapping paper. i always removed the tapes and then with extra care, unwrapped. 

whaaaaaaaaaat? another wrapping paper.?? if this was some prank, i would literally kill him.

i unwrapped this one too , that took me lot of time so nevermind.

finally there wasnt any more wrappings.

it was a book set. not just a book set, the Paulo Coelho book set.

OMGGG OMGGG OMGGG !!!

i called him the next second.

"KVVVV IS THAT MY CHRISTAAMUUSSSS PRESENT?"

"chistmas. not christaamus."

"YAAASSS THAT ONLYYYY. ITS SO AMAZING.. THERE ARE LIKE 12 OF THEMMM SO PRETTTYYYYYY" and i started screaming..

"Did you notice this is one of the first box set available ?"

"is that even a thing ???"

"yeahh it is !!" and he laughed.

"you know KV, one single book would have been enough.. like really enough. you didnt have to do that.. and its not even christmas yet."

"you're welcome"

"no no i'm not saying thank you. i'm mad at you. "

"i'll better prefer the screaming. "

"oh ho ho excuse me, do you think i scream???"

"yes you do."

"hawww. how rude." i pouted in anger.

"emm you know but.. in a cute wayyy you know.."

and i blushed. way too hard.

good thing he cant see that.

he knew my favorite author.. he knew i love presents on christmas. thats so sweet.. that person ... *sob sob*