44. The Quiz.

"first time i read Dan brown?" trying to accurately sketch a lock and key, for my art slash english  final project, i fidgeted with my pencil as we were having this little questionnaire.. 

"8th grade?" he answered in less than 5 seconds..

"right.. your turn."

"emm so the year in which i was admitted in the boarding?" he asked.

"emm when you were in 2nd grade..that means 2002??"

"wow you're good" he chuckled.

"the year i stopped watching winnie the pooh?" i laughed.

"last year?" 

"ha ha not funny.."

"how can you possibly remember the year you stopped watching that??? was it 2006 or so??"

"i have an amazing memory !! Nope.. i was in my 3rd  grade when it stopped coming on tv.." yay i was on lead now!!     "you're turn kv"

"so the year i started modeling"

"easy..when you were in 9th grade.. yay yay" wow how the hell did i manage to know this much about him.. did he tell me all this by himself? of course i wasnt stalking him earlier but still..

"you do have a nice memory naina.."

"so my turn..so which year did i RJ'd for a radio and did an advertisement for some company?" i know it was really tough as my mom couldnt tell this either.

"9th grade?"

"how do you know that?"

"emm i didnt.. when you dont know the fact, psychology works. from my last answer, 9th grade you remembered you're major event in your 9th grade, that was your doing a radio ad, so you asked it anyway.."

"good job sherlock.." 

"my turn, which year did i learn to make a home made bomb.."

"emm.. wait what???" i was definitely staggered from this particular question.

" just kidding..my question is, which year did i meet julia roberts?"

"wow you met julia roberts????" i should have believed the bomb one..but this one was obviously true..

"yeah in 7th grade..we went to LA that year."

"thats like the coolest thing you know.. so my turn..the year i started writing"

"8th grade"

"wow ! you're good ! how did you know that?"

"you make me read you're first story last time i visited your place. it was dated june 2008 so."

"now you're a genius in a freaky way."

"i know that heh"

"your turn"

"the year i fell in love..?"

wow.. now that was the question..i knew he lost his virginity when he was 14 ..i dont remember the girl though but later that year he was in a pretty serious relationship with ehhh.. maybe her name was akriti..so maybe then? and at 14 he may be in 9th grade. yay mystery solved.

"at 14, grade 9th. akriti?" proudly, i stated as if i was so happy giving this answer.

"wrong."

"was it sara? you met her in 9th grade too.. so i couldnt be wrong kv.."

"wrong again.."

"ugh then tell me."

"the year is 2011."  what year was this again? i asked my brain like a complete idiot..2011 of course. he was messing up with me.. why would he say something that weird. love?

"thats..what? 2011?" i blushed so hard that he could feel that heat on the other side of the phone .  "haha you're kidding again right??" i slipped my bad humor so i didnt feel akward. i hope he wasnt kidding.. 

"no this time i'm not.." he sounded serious.

"but 2011 is like right now??? " i confirmed again..

"yeah..its 2011 right now ,so?" he teased me.

"but you've dated like 20 girls up till now.. love is a big word KV.." i tried to be serious.

"yeah love is a pretty big word, i realize it.. now.. i was too young and ignorant to feel anything before."

"you're not young and ignorant now?"

"i guess i'm not.."

"so if you were mature and aware and competent and everything when you were 14, or 15 or whatever, would you have fallen in love then??"  i bit my lip waiting for an answer that would be in my favor.

"naah.. i think thats not it.. i think other things matter too. circumstances matter too."

such balanced answer??? how could he be telling me he loves me like this???? ugh .. i hate him.. ugh ugh ugh ..

naina you're doomed for life..

"what other things?? what circumstances kv?" i pried .. more and more and more..

"THEY WEREN'T YOU SILLY!!! so many questions?? didnt you just know that already?????you are a complete idiot naina.."  and he laughed like i cracked some joke.

i couldnt speak for atleast a minute, analyzing again what just happened.. did he indirectly just say that he loved me? did he just say that all leaving the world of hot and sexiest exes, he fell for a silly like me? did he just meant it? lets ask.

"do you mean it KV ?"

"i dont want you asking that. i want you to believe it when i'll say it in person..i dont want to be that asshole who proposes over phone.." and laughed again.. that lovely laughter .. oh ..

"not again. how many times are you going to do that.." i smiled.

"till you say yes.thats the only formality left after all." yeah he was right. we were practically dating but i never said yes !! so weird.

"what if i say no again?"

"i can repeat it.."

"for how long kv?"

"till eternity. after all we're immortals, right naina?? " and he made a chuckle.

i cant believe i was dating the most perfect guy.. could he be any better? oh i was so in love with him.. 

"meet  me." with every courage inside me i asked..more like muttered.

"what?" shitt .. is going to say no?

"meet me.. i said." i'm sorry.. ugh i screwed up..

"yeah thats why i'm surprised. you said that.."

"what? why?" 

"because you never say that.. as if you dont want to meet me." 

no no no no.. why would he think that..

"why would you say that.. you know you're so busy all the time, you have like 3 houses you need to up and down to, you have school, tuition ad what not, you're a busy man.. so its hard to demand."

"naina..you can demand anything. you can ask for anything. with me, you dont have to think about the fear of rejection. i would never say no.. never ever.."

"i love you too.." i whispered so softly he might now even heard that exhaled air that made the sound..

"oh god.naina...you had me.. i'm seeing you next week naina..wait for mine.."

"how could you possibly hear that.."

"bye naina..wait for me.."

"haha i will .. kv.."