31: drunken truth

exiting from burger king in which Roop hogged like a bear, i found myself thinking about KV.

"why the fuck do you like my brother." Roop sipped on the ice tea and asked in the most candid manner. " i , i mean he's such a cliche dont you think? "

"whaat.. Roop stop it. i dont like youre brother.. he's just a nice friend. thats all.. and. andd"

" hahhaha okay okay now i'll pretend that i bought that.." she gave me a laugh.

"well least you can do is not judge me. and not tell him all this." i told her sipping on my shyness.

"no can do. he already knows that." she winked.

"WHAATTT??? WHAT THE?? ROOP TEMME YOU'RE JUST PLAYING WITH ME .. ROOOOPPP"

"hahaha figure it out yourself sugar!!" and her laughter almost killed me.

that day me and roop went to see a movie, gokarting and later that night we went to hauz khas to booze.

"you know we're  not supposed to tell Veerji about all this right?" Roop spoke taking her third shot down.

" you cannot  constantly blackmail me and then expect me to hide youre shitt roop.. " i threw my third vodka in me. i wasnt drunk of course but a little tipsy. not going to drink more since since since i cant afford to spill any secrets..

"please Naina.. please Naina.. Please" Roop was down on 5th and almost drunk..

"okay okay i promise roop. wont tell KV. pakka"

she hugged me so tightly half dancing. that made me almost fall.

"are you drunk Naina??" roop asked, meanwhile pulling some guy's hair.

"yes roop i'm very much drunk.uh uh leave him leave him.." 

oh god. what am i going to do now. find her friends find her friends.

i stood near roop while she danced crazily ..

"gini gini gini thank god i found you... roop's super drunk i want you to drive her back to home."i somehow found the people we came to party with.

"Naina!!cannnttt driveeeeee...me drunk too." she was fucking tipsy too.

"oh god now?"

"i already called Kv and a friend to drive us there.."

"WHAT? YOU CALLED KV? OH NO GINI" i facepalmed.

"dont worry they're not drunk. you'll be fine." she hugged me..

whats with the drunk girls and hugging .. ugh

i took Roop to the booth so she doesnt step on people with her 6 inch heels. after an hour or so Kv and his friend came to get us.

"oh god Roop how much did you drink?" he held her and asked with such  a cute concern.

"seven" she laughed. " and and Naina had 5" she couldnt stop laughing.

"you too??" he asked shocked.

i kept quiet.

he escorted both of us to the car along with gini and som other guy.

in the car i sat in the back and roop was with Kv in the front.

"Naina are you drunk??" KV asked.

to which i nodded..

WHY THE FUCK DID I NOD. OH GOD NAINA YOU FOOL.. YOU ARE SO NOT DRUNK. WHY LIE.. NAINA SHUT UP. YOU JUST HAD 3 PEGS THAT DOENST MAKE YOU DRUNK. SHUT UP NAINA.

"so Veerjiiii.. tell you're girlfriend that i'm not talking to her.. she doesnt dance with me..she's a spoilsport.. a total bore...." Roop complained..

wait what.

girlfriend?

me?

fuck.

"yeah okay okay i'll tell her.. Naina. you're a spoil sport. roop is so angry cant you see?" kv smiled.

ugh. shut up KV.

i thought.

"Naina.. tell you're boyfriend that he's such a possessive brother. he doesnt let me go out and drink and drink and drink and pass out.. i feel like i'm not living my life to the fullest.." Roop started crying..

"Roop he's not my boyfriend.." i muttered.

Kv smiled, looking at the road. his smile can definitely kill someone.

"you know Veerji, all you're friends are real bores .. i mean gini is so dumb. she dances like a ballerina in a club. eww. nobody wants youre sophistication  here gini..."

thank god gini was in a different car..

i giggled. more like laughed..

"veerji.. tell you're girlfriend not to laugh at my jokes. i'm katti with her"

"HEYYYY I AM NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND"  i yelled.

oops.

"SHE SAYS SHE'S NOT YOU'RE GIRLFRIEND.." roop got angrier.

"but she will be. " Kv smiled and whispered " someday"

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. WHAT DID HE SAY? THAT I WILL BE HIS GIRLFRIEND? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? WAS KV JOKING? MOCKING ME? WAS HE JUST SAYING TO ENTERTAIN ROOP? 

OH GOD WAS HE SERIOUS, THIS IS ALL SO STRESSFUL.

and i couldnt utter a single word. i couldnt just speak. i was in such shock. and that stupid guy was smiling like a jackass. 

i hate him.

we reached Roop's and Kv's cousin's place where we were staying today and roop straightaway fell in the bed.

meanwhile i stopped Kv to talk.

"why do you have to smile this much?" i was way too angry.

"smile? who me? " he smiled again.

"and what was that crap about the girlfriend thing???" i yelled even more..

"you're probably not going to remember that tomorrow..so"

"oh god. you dumb person. i'm not drunk.. i just had 3 shots. i'm so not drunk. and the thing that you just said back in the car? how can i forget that?" i was so relentless now "so please tell me what is wrong with you.."

"go to sleep Naina. we'll talk tomorrow" he held my hands to calm me. which totally worked. i stared at his eyes and kept quiet. he walked me to my room and i slept. 

next day i couldnt find KV anywhere in the house. he was supposed to drop me to lola di's place. instead i was driven by their driver.

i wish whatever happened yesterday was just some drunken hallucinations..

i am so not ready for life now.