27: Cupcake

i reached the starbucks where we decided to meet. earlier we were meeting in the metro but i told him too many people scare me and i might get lost in all that. he told me we would do something about that thing later.

he was waiting for me in the corner table and as i saw him his face lit with a sexy smile, you know his kind of smile. he was wearing a tan leather jacket that made him look so, emm perfect..

he stood up when i reached. what kind of person was he? i dont really want his shitty gentleman charms. i was so okay without them. Naina. point to yourself : hate him.

"em hi" my voice was nervous as fuck.

"hi Naina" his voice was deep as fuck.

"so are you still mad about earlier? me not picking up the phone?"

"what? me ? no.not at all."he asked me what i wanted to drink. and because Naina Singh is the most unsure person in this entire universe, i fidgeted with the menu..

"caramel frappuccino? strawberry smoothie??" he eyed the menu suggesting me what i could have with such dedication.. that heaped my heart over him.

ugh

"light blonde caramel almond roast." i more like declared.

"you have a usual??"

"yes i have. tried a lot.but then liked just one."

"how about---" i know what he's about to say. he wants me to try his favorite coffee.

"--how about---" i cut him half sentence and left mine midway. now i want him to try my coffee.

just to check whether he gets me or not.

he smirked and got up from his seat , ordered and returned with 2 light blonde caramel almond roasts.

wow.

"so you've been to places in delhi ?"

"emm yeaah moab in saket, cafe one , the grill, and few more places"

"cafe one that karaoke place?"

"yeaah yeaah the same. the DJ there is Di's friend."

"been to hauz khas village?"

"not yet. i mean di doesnt take me to many clubs. says i'm too young"

"thats the whole point you see Naina you're too young" he gave me this charming smile.

my name feels so different when he says it. its like it just got somewhat like 300% better. my name gets deep when he says it.idk if thats even a thing but i feel so.

"what are you suggesting?"

"come with me to elf, tomorrow."

"what?"

"elf is a pub, hauz khas village."

"tomorrow?"

"yeah. you free?" 

"i cannot stay out at night so have to think of something."

"oh come on, yes please do think of something. two days more and my sister will steal you from me. and that too on new years"

"its difficult you kno---  WAIT WHAATT?? stea-- what??" 

wait what did he just say?? was i hearing things of he just used me in a possessive tone?

"nothing..temme one thing, are you guys made to read whole novels for drama or english classes? we're reading Tony Morrison this winter. hate him."