48: And i messed up.

The next day we decided to join the others for some sightseeing and later for drinks .. though I didn't want to go at all . All I wanted was to stay with him in bed. Watch tv all day, order room service, then Cuddle and go to sleep.. but we can't do that. I so have to change that anti social attitude.. I was now in relationship with this social moth. Have to change few things..

We returned to the hotel vicinity early at 8pm when it started raining a bit..the others wanted to go boozing but with this type of weather I wished we were out on a walk. Just me and him. I surely couldn't say that. I didn't want to be the type of girl who would restrict her boyfriend from hanging out with his friends. Such a cliche that would've been.

"Hey, you guys carry on, I'm not feeling like drinking today.. so maybe Naina and I will join you later at night. Will that be okay?"
KV told everyone and I hawked at him in disbelief.
So my boyfriend can mind read too. Hah
Great.
"Awww Yeah that's fine! You guys ! " Amruta awwed idk why but ughhh fine.
"Speak for yourself dude. what if Naina wants to drink ?? " Aadarsh teased KV followed by laughters.
"Yeah KV don't drag her in your decisions. you didn't ask Naina what she wanted " Rudra joined.
"Okay. So rude of me not to ask Naina. So Naina are you okay with coming back to the city with me or do you want to go to the bar?" KV lowered his gaze towards me and everybody started staring at me.
Why does he have to smile in such a way. That  can make anyone blush the fuck out of anyone.
"It's okay I'll come with you " I flushed.
Everybody awwed as we left.

We decided not to return to the hotel and take a stroll near the lake where it was drizzling.
For few minutes we didn't talk. Comfortable silence touched both of us..
"Naina " he whispered.
I looked at him for the other half of the sentence.
"You really are special"
"Eh thanks I guess." I tried being funny.
"Ungratefulness won't take you anywhere young lady.."
"Uh uh Don't complain.. it was you who modulated our sugarfree relationship. But if you're seeking for a gratitude, I'm more than obliged bruhh "
"Don't call me that "
"Ehhhh then dude ???"
"Eww seriously shut up Naina."
I laughed loudly holding his hand and swaying myself around him.
He was my happy place. I loved him so much. Everything about our relationship was so comforting and refined. The right amount of love ,drama, pace and space. What more else could I ask for..?
"What are you overthinking now ?" He asked.
"Nothing..I just like staring at you. Sometimes I really can't digest the fact that I have you. "
" me neither "
" wait what ? what's that you can't digest ? "
"Everything. Never thought I'd be valuing a good person ever. I have a self absorbing trait. For anyone who knows me pretty well you're a revelation Naina. You're my yang..oh no I didn't say tha-" he face palmed.
"Uhhhhh ewww. Can't believe you said that. You were going so good until that yang thing KV. Hahahah better luck next time desi Edward Cullen ? " I ran as I completed this sentence. I knew he'd be mad at me for this.
"What the.." he ran after me "you know I'm an athlete Naina right ???"
I stopped as he said this. Yeah right Naina there wasn't any need to run. He'll anyway catch you..
"Haah" he vexed.
"I stopped because it's raining and I may trip."
"You can trip anyways even when the skies are clear Naina..you're a masterpiece." He laughed.
"Fair enough. "
We didn't realise we came a bit far from the city. Maybe the rain. Time flew like a hummingbird today.. we reached this cute bookstore on the outskirts of the city and I told him to stop there..
"Naina you're at a holiday. What will you do of more books?"
"There are never enough books..it's another form of love.. no matter how much you have you'll still want more.."
We entered the bookstore and started browsing..
"Why would you say so? Don't you think all this love in this world isn't enough ? "
"We're humans KV.. all we want is love.. we're such erratic beings that no matter how much love we get from a person or a thing we would still demand for more..at a time we don't romanticise love we materialise it..we treat it like it's some substrata entity. Mouldable. Substitutional. But we forget that it's as powerful,heavy and as extensive as air water or earth..that's our fault. "
"It's our fault because we sometimes treat love as if it's an object from our backpack and sometimes we treat it as if it's greater than the universe ?" He asked.
"Bingo"
I handed over some books to him to check how they were.. he had an amazing taste in books.. he never measured books by the best sellers, he was never impressed by the shines or the reviews. He read them and made his own judgements.
that quality. Maybe that's the reason why he chose me.
Well stop there Naina. You don't want to go there.
We checked out from the store and it started raining heavily..cold as hell.
Taking a few steps  we saw a little kid in the sidewalk covering his half body with a black plastic bag. Barefooted, He was shivering.
Alarmed, we went to the kid to ask where was he headed to. He told us crying that he was returning home which was quite far from here. His father told him to get some coal but because of the unexpected rain everything got wet. Now he was fearing the bashing he's gonna get at home.
Without any delay KV called an auto , told the auto where to drop the kid , and we halted at a drug store where he bought some fever and cold medicines for the kid. I didn't notice the kid had fever.but KV did.. KV removed his jacket and gave it to the kid.. the kid resisted..said we've already done enough and it was okay but KV anyways gave him his jacket and some money..so basically we gave him the jacket some money and the only umbrella we had.
When the kid left KV apologised for everything. Idk why but that's the quality that I like the most about him.. so pure and so candidly selfless..
Drenched and tired we walked 15 minutes to the hotel.
Quickly we got rid of those wet clothes and KV got some hot chocolate for us as we buried ourselves into the heavens of the warm quilt.
"Roop is so going to kill you KV.." I reminded him.
"Why do you say so?"
"Ahem ahem that Versace jacket that you recently gave away , it was a gift from her." I laughed out loudly.
"Oh shitt... anyways just don't tell her.. I'll get a similar one.. she'll get so upset if she gets to know.."
"You'll get a similar one ?" I was shocked.
"Yeah what else can we do. "
"Rich kid's problems 999 ugh "
To which he just rolled his eyes.
"I'm really hungry. " I complained.
"What? How could you possibly be hungry at this time Naina. It's 11 o clock"
I pouted in anger..
we ordered something from rooms service and switched to some old movie.
"Do you realise in  two days you're gonna leave for school and I'm gonna go home? And we'll meet after months." Fidgeting with his fingers I said.
"Is that the distance that you're fearing ?" He asked.
"Naah not the distance. Either you miss someone or you forget them.. I know I'm not that vague to be forgotten by you."
"What is it then ?"
"Habits."
"I don't quite get that"
"We're meeting so frequently this year. I'm afraid we won't be meeting this often now. We have our entrances this year. And you've become a habit for me. How can I let go off that so easily."
"Do you know why we indulge in habits ? We're way to bored that's why we cultivate them. "
"REALLY KV? For the first time in 1500 years I told you something honest from the core of my heart and you're telling me some practical shittt???"
To this he didn't reply but laughed.
"You know what. Here's a Fact. Habits may be hard to quit but you can always change them get new habits. Wait for that day okay " saying this I got up from bed almost leaving.
He held me from behind more like scooped me.
"Hey hey hey hey hey." Quickly He pulled me closer wrapping my waist by his hands. He stared at me half smiling.
His stare was like an arrow piercing right across my heart. How can someone look at me and fasten my breath. His eyes were enough for causing all the tachycardias and arrhythmias that can happen in my body.
My hands started shivering as he tightened his grip..his face rested party on my head and partly on my nose brushing his face against mine. I could feel the taste of his breath. I can feel his scent blending in mine. How can he smell so good all the time. Sun,sand,ocean, pinesol , firelime. God I can't even explain that.
All I knew was I smelled like wood. Or vanilla.. idk, maybe.
I can't tell how nervous I was at that time.
He slowly brushed his lips against mine. Such electrical feeling.. what was he doing.. didn't he know it was my first kiss. He has done it with half a dozen girls but I'm such a noob in all this.. ughhhh this thought made me jump so high in the trampoline of my insecurities.
Idk what got into me, I lowered my head in the middle of the kiss and shoved him away..
My reflexes were shocking for both of us..embarrassed all he could utter was a sorry.. and There were my waterworks !!  He left the room while I stood there. all teared up Doing nothing. Staring at zero. Thinking zero.
Everything replaying in my head. How embarrassing for him as well. What have I done. This could have been probably the best thing happened in my life. Yes. Best.
And I messed it up..