41: drawback

"when is this boy in school? or tuition ? as far as i have seen him, everytime he's travelling or on a holiday or what not." my mom finally started complaining after Kv and Ruby aunty left.. well atleast she didnt ask him this while he was here. thanks to god.

"emm well--" i tried speaking but noone seems to be listening, instead dad jumped in the conversation.

"but then too he excels in whatever he does. and come on, he lives in a boarding school. away from home, and if he travels all the way from the north to Nagpur, just to see his father, then its commendable."

thanks dad.

"but the question stays. how does he top?" my younger brother spoke.. ugh.

"god knows. and its not like the dehradoon bar is so low that anyone can top..there might be something in him. he might have a go gifted brain or something."

thanks again dad.

"well his father is quite a sourceful person so might be his grades have something to do with that fact.."

"MOM...?" i anger glazed her.

"what? just saying."

"no mom.. dad is right.. he's really a megamind. he taught me lots of physics and so i know his concepts are clear as water! and its not just his mind thats extraordinary, he does so much of hardwork.when here, people are going out on weekends, all he does is travel to a different city for tuitions that last more than 10 hours.. and not only this but he has tonnes of homework too..this has nothing to do with his dad's sources or power.." was all i said.. but really all i wanted to say was 'hey mom stop that. thats you're daughter's boyfriend you're talking about.

"yeah you're right..he's so cool.." my brother wowed.

"yeah i told you that its all hardwork and all,then why dont you do something like that too.if he studies 11 hours a day , why cant you.. you can do that too .. and also you're field is medical so you should be studying more.. instead thaat boy with enggineering stream is working harder..learn something from him naina.." my mom whined again.

oh god..

this was even worse. you're mom dad criticizing you're boyfriend and you, defending him is okay. pretty normal..

but they getting impressed by him and comparing him to you, saying cant you be perfect just like him is far more worse..

ugh .. one of the drawbacks of dating the perfect guy.