26: Just a friend.

"What? Dad. But ? Nooo " mom dad got me real puzzled.
"What no. You're going. Actually we all are going." Mom was in a nice mood though.
"Wait wait but mom you can't just agree to this. I was so rude to you. It's not fair."
"The moment you asked if we can go to Delhi, your aunt called and she invited all of us to Delhi. Then I assumed you had a talk with your sister."
"Emm mom yea-h  yeah. But mom don't do this cz of me. "
"I want you to go. Don't worry. I'm sorry I snapped at you."
"Don't be. I should be sorry. "
That moment I realized. My mom came first than anyone in this entire world. I didn't want to go right now. I wanted to stay here to keep dignity to her decision. Sometimes parents are harsh but look what they gave is, love. Sacrifice and what not. Later that night I went to mom and apologized. Real apology this time. She understood.
And I started packing for Delhi. !

"Roop you have to take leave from school."
"I've started to hate KV more. Ughh stealing my best friend already." In an angry tone she expend.
"Veerji"  I reminded him to add the respect word.
"Yeah yeah alright I totally forgot Veerji left his vakeel somewhere in Jabalpur." She taunted.
"Rooopppp"
"What just because he'll be in Jaipur doesn't mean I'm there too. Should have coordinated with me.. He called you to Delhi and I won't be here. That.. Ugghh. You're my friend pehle na"
"Roop. Atleast try naaaa."
"See that's the thing. I'm only allowed for two days. That's not enough."
"Yes they are ! Two days are okay"
"Then promise one thing Naina. "
"What?"
"You'll not meet Veerji for those two days."
Ouch.
"Okay promise."
I didn't even think once before deciding this.
"Yay then ! Gotta go. The warden has already killed me twice in her mind "
"Bye Roop. "
***

One thing I kept in mind.. Not to introduce KV to my cousin Lola.. She would tell everything to my mom dad and the sweet pleasant sessions me and Kv enjoys, of staying at each other's house will be so banned.
And also we were just friends so what was even there to tell.
The first day Lola Di took me to her favorite club and introduced me with her friends. Many of them thought I was way too prude.
Well I wasn't trying to impress them too. Legit.
"Get ready Naina, we're going out !"
"No Lola Di. You go. I don't wanna go."
"You have to come.. It's ladiessss nigghhtt!!"
"Yeah whatever but still. I'll rather stay at home "
"No no you rather will not come get ready. Samar will be there too"
So she insisted so much that I finally got up.
And also Samar was this guy , a friend of Di who kind of liked me. When everyone was like "Naina is shy right?"
There was Samar who was like ''Naina is too cute."
I never really liked Delhi guys but Samar was kinda sweet. Not that I had something in my mind but yeah.
I met Lola di's friend that night at the club.. Almost everyone insisted to have a drink but naah I wasn't going to. Not at all.
That night I totally forgot KV was landing in Delhi. In a way I was happy that i didn't remember. Waiting for him wasn't what I wanted for myself.
But anyways I had a fairly nice time there. Talking to this guy Samar I got to know all the cute cafes of the city where I can go..  also we talked so much that I didn't see hear my phone ringing. That was actually because of the loud music but anyways I didn't pick up KV's call. So what.

we were casual rightttt??? right rightt?? 

stop overreacting Naina. stop it.

next day i got a text from Kv.

KV: so heard about your pact.

Me: what pact?

Kv: the one you made with the vixen Roop.

Me: what? did she tell you that ?

Kv: who else would.

Me: oh.

yes Naina .. good job with the oh thing. doing well !!

Kv: are you aware that i came all the way to Delhi for you?

Me: you did?

Kv: Hor kya

Me: so??

Kv: because you didnt pick up my call yesterday.

Me: oh that....that Kv wasnt any part of the pact..you know. i didnt hear the ring.. wait what? you minded thatt??

WOW NAINA

Kv: its okay. can i see you today? i'll come to your aunt's house??

Me: no no no dont come here. i'l come there.

Kv: easy easy. okay so where should we meet?

Me: you say?

and then he called. what was wrong with this guy ???

so in short we were meeting in three hours approximately outside the nearest metro station.

i convinced my sister so she can let me go to see Kv. of course i didnt mention Kv.

"so you tell me that you have to go to a restaurant or cafe to see a friend? and i'm gonna believe that?" Lola di was being a bit of a protective sister here.

"yeaah .. believe me" like a wet cat i explained.

"did you meet some guy online? see you cant be that naive you know they con.. on the internet right??"

"diiiiiiii he is a friend. we've met. not some internet paedo?? you know i'm smarter than thaat"

"so youuuurrrr boyyyyyffrrriiieeennnddddd?????" she teased.

"no.. just a friend."