What Doesn't Kill You

Chapter 6 is here! I hope you'll like it :)

Enjoy!

I do not own The Originals, only my OC

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

I was angry with my friend:

I told my wrath, my wrath did end.I was angry with my foe:I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,

Till it bore an apple bright.And my foe beheld it shine.And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole

When the night had veiled the pole;In the morning glad I seeMy foe outstretched beneath the tree.

*William Blake – A Poison Tree*

***********

What doesn't Kill You

I dreaded getting up this morning. Everything that happened last night really took a toll on me. Nik got up before I did. He kissed my forehead before getting out of bed and into the bathroom. I just laid in bed.

"Are you getting up soon?" Nik asked me. I only nodded.

"I just need some extra time this morning. I'm all worn out from last night." I said with a blush. Nik gave me a huge smile.

"I'm really going to miss you heightened on hormones once the baby is born. I'm quite fond of it actually."

"Oh, please shut up and get out." I told him. Nik left me and I fell back down onto the bed.

Maybe this wasn't so bad after all? Maybe because of everything that happened last night was the explanation of why I felt so weird around Elijah.

I had been waiting for his return for so long now. That was it. It had to be. I couldn't allow myself to feel anything for my boyfriend's big brother. I wasn't Elena. I refused to be my little sister.

After a while in bed, I had to get up. I got so hungry. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror as I put on my jeans. It seemed like overnight my belly started to grow. The bump was more noticeable now and my jeans were a little tight. I had to tell Rebekah to shop for me. I put on a cute tank top and went downstairs. I overheard a conversation between the Mikaelson siblings.

"So this is what you do on our first day back together as a family. Vampire book club." Rebekah said with a frown.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right Elijah?" Nik asked.

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus." Elijah said.

"And what's this business?" Rebekah gestured to the dead girl on the coffee table.

"This is a peace offering."

"After so much time desiccating in a coffin, my big brother might be a bit dried up." Nik said.