Broken

So here's chapter 8! 

I do not own The Originals, only my OC

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Broken

The definition of the word broken,

suggest that something can be fixed - Elijah Mikaelson

***********

I spent the whole day with Elijah and Hayley reading everything we could find about the werewolves in the Bayou. It wasn't much to read but I kept on reading it anyway. I called Jeremy and told him that everything was fine and that I found out something about the other side of my family. He wanted to come to the Bayou to be with me but I felt it was safer for him to stay at the plantation with Rebekah. She would take care of him. Nik wanted me home but I didn't want to go home just yet.

Hayley left us after the darkness came. She said she would be back the next morning to look for the woman in the woods that was looking at us. I stayed, because I felt so bad for Elijah. 

After I calmed down from all that happened outside with Nik, I came to think of what the werewolf bite had done to Caroline that time and I didn't want Elijah to be alone when the fever started. He was strong and stubborn, so he managed through the night without any problems. By the morning, his fever started and I had to force him to take the bed. I don't think he liked to be this vulnerable around others, especially me. He was supposed to take care of me and protect me.

I filled up a cup of water for him. He needed to drink something.

"Here, you need to drink this." I told him and sat down on a chair beside the bed, helping him steady himself. That didn't go well. Elijah coughed all of it over me. He couldn't keep it down.

"Forgive me, please." He told me and laid back down on the bed.

"Don't worry about it." I said and cleaned it up. Elijah really didn't look well. Why did Nik have to bite him like that? I knew he was hurt by all this accusations but he didn't have to act like the bad guy all the time.

"Remind me to kick my boyfriend's ass when you're healthy." I told him.

"Yes, remind me to remind you to get in line." Elijah said. Even though he was in pain, he still managed to sound funny. I looked at him and I could see he was hurting.

"It doesn't help you at all that we decided to shack up in a swamp. The heat is unbearable." I said and took of my sweater and looked out the window to see if I could spot Hayley yet. I jumped when I heard Elijah coughing.

"Are you OK?" I asked concerned.

"Yes, just return to your reading." He told me.

"Well, there's nothing more to read. The bible is the best thing we got and it's just a standard one with my mother's family tree. However, it's hard to concentrate when I worry about you." I told him truthfully.

"Amy, please. This fever is going to make me unstable. When the hallucinations begin, I will start to see thing and I'll start to say things. Leave me here." Elijah looked at me and he was serious but so was I.

"I'm not leaving you like this." I told him and started to get afraid. He really didn't look good. It looked like he was dying. I fought the urge to stroke his hair and telling him that everything was going to be fine. Because I wasn't sure if it ever would be again.