Take Me Back To The Start

I wrote another bonus chapter on this story, and it shows a little what happened when Amy was born. 

enjoy!

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Take Me Back To The Start

Amy's p.o.v

Stefan, Alaric and Caroline left New Orleans after a few days. I was still numb and didn't know what to do with my life. Elena decided to stay behind to mend her broken heart after losing Damon. Jeremy, Elena and I were sitting outside in the compound drinking bourbon. I had to numb the feeling of not having my daughter in my own arms. Nik, Elijah and Kol were still trying to figure out how to proceed with their plan to get their revenge after losing Hope.

I looked over at my sister and I could see that she was struggling with keeping her humanity. I made Jeremy switch places with me so I could talk to my sister.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her quietly. Elena looked at me with so much sorrow in her eyes.

"I really don't know how to carry on with my life without him." Elena said before downing her bourbon. Even in my own sorrow, I wanted to comfort her the best that I could. I put my arm around her.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you and after all you've been through, you didn't deserve this. I want you to know that if you ever need me, I'll be here for you as best as I can." I told her.

Suddenly Jeremy wrapped his arms around me, holding me close to him.

"How you are able to take care of others, I really don't understand but you amaze me every day." He told me.

Feeling the safe arms around me, opened up the waterworks.

"I miss her so much Jer. I don't know how to move on from this. All I can think about is how my story is so much alike my mother's story." I knew now that I'd slipped up about Hope but I hoped that Elena wouldn't notice.

"Have you ever wondered what was happening when you were born and how you ended up at our dad in Mystic Falls?" Elena asked as I looked at her.

"I think about it as often as I can and I wish that I could get the answers I need." I told them honestly.

"Maybe I can help you with that." I familiar voice startled me. I looked to my right and saw Marcel.

"Can you tell us what happened all those years ago?" Jeremy asked him.

"Yes I can." Marcel said and took a huge shot of bourbon.

"I remember it like it was yesterday." He said and I could see that he was deep within a memory.

***********

August 5th, 1988

Marcel's p.o.v

The young mother, Christine Labonair had died before my very eyes just two days ago. Her two tiny children deserved the best care they could get. The youngest one, Amy, really caught my eye. She was so tiny and innocent, just as much as her older sister, Hayley Andrea. I brought the oldest child to Father Kieran because she did not have any relatives nearby to help and take care of her but the youngest one had a father living in a small town called Mystic Falls, Virginia and I had to make sure that she was to be delivered to him.