Distant Memories

Hey, guys! No, you're not hallucinating. I'm actually updating this story. My motivation has been low, at the same time that I've gotten a new fulltime job, and I just didn't have any energy left to write. Thus why I haven't been motivated to write at all. 

But enough about that! I'm glad to finally update this story, and I can promise you, that there's troubles ahead. 

I'm glad to say to you; Read, comment, and enjoy this chapter!  

I do not own "The Originals" only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

It took some time before I managed to calm down. Things were happening so fast.

As Nik and Elijah was telling Kol about what they've learned by trying to figure out what to do next, they tried their best to figure out how to best do this in the next few days. I called the doctor, trying to get him to do a home visit, since I had given birth just a few days ago, and I didn't really want to leave the Compound this early with the twins. But the doctor was being a pain in the ass, and told me to come to him at the clinic, and I couldn't compel him to get here. So, the next morning, I got my appointment.

I was packing the things I needed for the twins, and walked over to the car, trying to get Gray and Ylva safely into their little car seats at the same time as Hope grabbed onto my leg, pulling on my pants, trying to get my attention.

"Mama, up!" Hope exclaimed.

"Yes, sweetheart. Just let me get you brother and sister strapped in, okay?" I told Hope. She seemed to understand and waited for me to finish. As I was placing Hope in her car seat, in the middle of the twins, I heard someone walk up to me.

"Where do you think, you're going?" Nik told me harshly, making me sigh.

"I talked to the doctor, wanting to check on the twins, but he couldn't come here, so I'm taking the twins to him." I told him calmly, knowing this could turn ugly if I didn't play my cards right.

"You can't go out by yourself at a time like this. What if something were to happen? It could hurt the twins." Nik told me, but it didn't faze me at all.

"Look. I know that it's not ideal, but I must know that everything is okay with them. It'll give me peace of mind. I won't be gone for long, and besides, you're going to figure out how to get all of this under control. Just trust me enough to know how to do the right thing." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. Nik looked like he wanted to argue with me, but he knew I was right. He needed to focus on the task ahead.

"Fine. I don't like this, but I trust you to do what's best for our children. But if anything was to happen, you call me. I hate leaving you unprotected." Nik said as the concerned husband and father that he is.

"Oh, please. Our children couldn't have it any way safer than being with me. I'm a hybrid, stronger than most vampires, and I'm a mother, a new mother at that. I would tear apart any threat that comes remotely close to those three precious kids." I said, turning my head towards the back seat of the car.

"I would feel better if Kol were with you." Nik said, and I knew that he only suggested that, because it would ease his worries.

"No, Nik. Let Kol help you with the other problem. I will be okay. I'll call you if I need you, okay?" I told him and I could tell that he was about to give in.