Holding On and Letting Go

So.. Who's ready for another little adventure? When I saw the episode of TVD, when Caroline and Enzo goes on a road trip to find Stefan,  I just had to do a new round with Amy/Caroline/Enzo interaction. It was so much fun. I like to look at them as "The Unholy Trinity" (borrowed from Glee)

This chapter takes place before the second episode of TO.

Disclaimer: I do not own The Originals and The Vampire Diaries, only my OC.

Read, enjoy and review!

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

"We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place,

We stay there, even though we go away.

And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there."

*Pascal Mercier*

***********

Holding On and Letting Go

After the conversation I had with Nik, I felt like we were in a better place. We communicated more than before and it showed in our emotions. I had a bad dream and shot out of bed before I knew what was going on. Nik tried to calm me down but I didn't want to listen.

"Amy! It's ok. Everything is fine." Nik held me tight in his embrace and I felt safe. After what seemed hours, I finally calmed down.

"When will these nightmares stop?" I asked.

"In time, they will sweetheart." He said and kissed my forehead. I could hear his words but not seeing the good side of it.

Suddenly, my phone went off. I looked at the screen. That's strange.

"This is weird, Alaric is calling me." I said to Nik.

"Ric? Is everything ok? Is Jeremy ok?"

"Yes, Jeremy is ok, or if you can call it that. He's still mourning Bonnie but that's not why I'm calling. I know this is much to ask you to do but Elena is struggling with the loss of Damon and Stefan is gone. The point is, I need your help or Caroline needs your help. I have to stay here with your sister.

"I want to help Ric but there's so much going on right now. I'm not sure if I should get myself more involved..." Nik snatched the phone out of my hand.

"Alaric? I'll make sure that she is on the first plane back to you."

"Thank you. Tell her I'll pick her up at the airport."

Nik hung up the phone and gave it to me. I couldn't understand what was going on.

"Why would you do that? You know I can't just leave. I thought you said that I needed to communicate with the wolves. I can't just get up and leave like that." I tried telling him but mostly convincing myself because I really wanted to go.

"Yes but I think that a few days will do you good. Go and help Caroline and your sister. The problems will still be here when you return. I think you should go." Nik was putting what I needed first for once. The city wasn't as important as I was. I threw my arms around him without warning and we fell down on the bed.