Happy Birthday!

Here's the next bonus chapter before entering season 3. 

It is a little strange posting this chapter today of all days, consider today is the one year anniversary of losing my best friend. 30.08.15 is the date that changed my life forever and it's a hard day to get through. I still wanted to update today, though.. because Jo always wanted me to publish stuff no matter what.. So I thought that instead of sit around and feeling sorry for myself, I could do some theraputic writing and honor his memories with a chapter, celebrating life.

This is for you, Jo! <3  

Enjoy this chapter and tell me what you think. 

I do not own "The Originals" only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Happy Birthday!

Who knew that one tiny little ball of sweetness (YOU) could improve the lives of so many? Happy Birthday to our little miracle

- unknown.

***********

16th of May, The day before Hope's birthday.

It's the day before the big day and I can't wait!!

After Hope started walking, everyone has been on their toes around her. She's running the compound as of now.

Our guests for tomorrow arrives today, which means, I am running around, trying to get everything ready. I've also just reached 21 weeks, which means, I am not that quite fit to be doing too much. The babies are weighing me down a little and Hope is even more active now, than she was at 11 months. She talking a little more now.

'Momma' and 'dadda' is still her main vocabulary, but she's trying to say other words, I just don't know which ones yet.

***********

The mood was a little lighter in the house right now, because of Hope's upcoming birthday. We had promised ourselves to push our problems away and just focus on Hope and not everything else. Kol was picking up my brother at the airport, and I was just waiting for our other guests to arrive. I learned that Bonnie, Damon and Alaric was out elsewhere, coping with the loss of loved ones, so they wasn't able to come, but I was still waiting for Caroline, Stefan and Matt to walk through those gates.

I was getting Hope ready for the day, as Nik closed himself off in his study. He has been doing that for the last month, not letting anyone in there, not even me. I even tried to seduce it out of him but nothing. He somehow managed to stand his ground even though he had a hard time with rejecting me. I put Hope down on the floor and grabbed her hand as we walked out of the bathroom towards Nik's study.

"Dadda." Hope said, tapping on the door in front of her.

"Yes, that's daddy's office, sweetheart." I told her softly.

"Dadda!" Hope said again, continuing to tap on the door. The door opened just an inch and I could see Nik peer his head out the door.

"There's my girls!" Nik exclaimed but did not open the door further. I frowned a little because of it.