Out of Reach

I'm back, and finally not using two months to update!

It was a challenge to get this done though. Two days ago, I managed to drop my computer on the floor, breaking it in half. So, yesterday I bought a new one, and thanked to God that I was smart enough to save my stories some other place so that I could just pick up where I left off. So, here it is! Now you get to read about how Klaus is handling the news and how Amy and him meet again. 

Thank you all for your support!

Read, review and enjoy!

I do not own "The Originals" Only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Out of Reach

"Well congratulations, Niklaus Mikaelson. You're going to be a father again."

Those are the words I keep on repeating in my head. Of all the things in the world Amy could've told me, the words 'we are having another baby' was definitely not one of them.

How did I react? By simply walking away, not knowing what else to say, how to deal with it.

How do you react to something that wasn't even supposed to happen? With Dahlia coming and threatening to take Hope away, and all the other dangerous things that creeps around us, every second of lives.

I couldn't be a father of two. One was unbelievable and hard enough, but two?

No, she wasn't pregnant, she couldn't be. It was all a trick. Someone had to have done something to her to convince her she was pregnant, perhaps Freya? Then again, I heard the heartbeat and it was real, it felt real.

After what felt like hours, I sat down on a bench along Bourbon Street, trying to collect my thoughts and that's when I remembered the sonogram Amy had given me.

It was a tiny thing, but I could still see it for what it was. A baby. I let my fingers trace along the frame and it felt calmer somehow. I was completely enchanted by the picture; I didn't even notice someone approaching me.

"Excuse me?" A voice said and I turned around quickly. The woman standing behind me was old and carried a basket full of flowers. I assumed she was a puny beggar. She wasn't getting anything from me tonight, except maybe her begging for her life.

"Get away, I don't want anything." I hissed at her with a low, threatening voice.

"That's OK, sweetheart. I wasn't here to sell you anything. Are you Nik by any chance?" She asked and I froze. How could she just guess my nickname? That was only for the family to know.

"Who wants to know?" I asked rather rudely.

"Oh, how silly of me. My name's Susan... Known as Mrs. P. I am a friend of your girlfriend, or now your wife, Amy. I own the floral shop just down the street." The old woman said. I didn't have time for this.

"Well, then... how nice for you, knowing my wife." I told her with a nasty attitude before looking at the sonogram again. I could feel the eyes of the old woman following me, and it bothered me.

"So, Amy actually told you that you're going to be a father again, huh?" The woman said as if it was old news. I finally glanced better at the woman before me and she could tell that I had mixed feelings, but didn't want to show it.