Unforgivable Sinner

Here's chapter 9 for you!

enjoy!

I do not own The Originals, only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

Unforgivable Sinner

So much has happened the last 24 hours. It felt like it was a few years ago we moved to our new home but the truth is, it's only been a couple of hours. Nik told me he was hosting a dinner party and wanted me to join. I didn't feel the need for it but I wanted to be there for Nik.

I missed Elijah. Even though I saw him yesterday morning. I could understand why all of this hurt Nik but Elijah was still my friend. The worst betrayal I felt, was against Rebekah. I couldn't understand why she would do this to me. If Jeremy hadn't called me, Nik would probably been gone by now. Tucked away in some basement in concrete.

I was getting dressed for the evening when someone knocked on my door. I turned around and saw my brother.

"Hey. Are you OK? I know a lot of things happened last night." My brother looked at me in concern.

"Hey. Iæm OK. I know many things happened yesterday and I don't defend everything Nik have done in the past but you didn't see him yesterday when I sent everyone away. He's just as broken as everybody else. It was heartbreaking to watch. I don't wish that on anybody." I looked at my brother with sadness in my eyes. Jeremy understood me and I was glad.

"Are you ready for this dinner?" He asked me as he hugged me.

"As ready as I'll ever be. Are you sure, you want to tend to this dinner? I mean, you still have that extreme urge to kill vampires even though you're not one of the five anymore." I asked him.

"Hey, I've survived with the lunatic original siblings for this long. I think I can handle a bunch of unknown vampires." Jeremy told me and took my arm.

I shrugged and let my brother lead me outside where the private dinner is. Nik was waiting for me. He looked at me with the most affectionate stare ever. Almost like he couldn't believe that I belonged to him.

"You look as beautiful as ever, little wolf." Nik told me and kissed me.

"Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself." I told him. He led me to the table but put me on the opposite side of the table as far from him as I could get. That hurt me a little. He placed Marcel next to him. He looked over at me and he could feel the daggers I was sending him. I felt left out when he did it like this. Jeremy gave me a pat on the hand. He understood how I was feeling.

Why was I even here? I thought to myself, feeling rather hungry. Then Nik asked for the attention and rose from his seat.

"Let us begin with a toast. To our shared gift, immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt for its beauties and its sorrows to diminish with time. But as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans can possibly imagine." Nik spoke up. I didn't like this so much.

When Nik called over the waiters, I looked at Jeremy. He didn't like this either. The waiters walked up to a vampire each.

"Insatiable needs. Exquisite pain." Nik said and the humans sliced their wrists open, letting their blood fall into the dishes.

"Our victories and our defeats, to my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow." Nik said.

"And the party never end." Marcel said and raised his glass. I really didn't like that guy.