All Pain and No Gain

Here is the first chapter that follows season 2 of "The Originals."

Without further adieu, sit back, relax and enjoy the newest official chapter of "Stand By You"!

Disclaimer: I do not own The Originals, just my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

All Pain and No Gain

"Without you in my arms,

I feel an emptiness in my soul.

I find myself searching the crowds for your face - I know it's an impossibility, but I cannot help myself."

― Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle

***********

It's been months. 

It's been too long without her. 

The smell of her is still lingering in my mind. I don't want to forget her, I can't forget her. I don't ever want to forget how it felt when I held her in my arms for the first time and the last. I still see our goodbye so clearly in my head. The way I felt when I saw, Rebekah drive away with the one thing in this world I wanted more than Nik. Now, I'm alone, it's the full moon soon and Nik has to stay hidden so that the Guerra's don't take him down at his weakest. I still sneak out, to Elijah and Kol's worst fear. I can't stand to stay locked up inside the compound. Jeremy went back to Mystic Falls for a while when he found out that Bonnie was gone. He promised he would be back before school started. He got in to The University of New Orleans on a full scholarship to study art. I should be proud of him but right now, I can't feel it, you know. I still have my emotions but I feel more disconnected every day.

I picked up my phone and dialed his number. I don't know why I bother, I haven't heard from him since he left New Orleans.

Great. Voicemail.

"Hey. This is Stefan. I can't come to the phone right now but leave me a message after the beep and I'll call you back."

"Hey..

It's me again, for what I feel like is the billionth time in the last few months. I feel out of place just as much as you do and I don't know how to get over it.

Someone once said;

"You will lose someone you can't live without, and your heart will be badly broken, and the bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is also the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that does not seal back up. And you come through. It's like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly—that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp."

I can relate to that. Losing Hope feels like I'm walking around with a limp in cold weather. It hurts it hurts all the time and it feels like it's never going away.

All I can think about, is how I'm not able to grieve in a normal way and I know you feel it too. You miss Damon and I know that you're trying to deal with it all.

How did we even get here, you know? Did we do something so terrible that the universe don't want us experience something good in our lives?