Is It True?

The next chapter awaits you. I know I'm not the quickest at updating my stories, but I hope it's all worth the wait. I know we all have versions of how we want this story to turn out, and let me tell you this: I did not expect it to turn this way. It just happened. I hope you'll enjoy this chapter, and please le me know what you think.

I do not own "The Originals" only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

"I never meant to let you in. But then I should not have kissed you Not the first time Certainly not the second But there is a light in you so bright, it makes me feel like the man I wish I was And forget the thing I am. I am chained to certain hungers and have damned another to my fate. You have seen what we do we hunt, we feed, we kill Aah! But what I am I cannot answer my family are the first; there is no name for it But I also desire deeply And I can love, as I love you."

It was the most beautiful letter I'd ever received, and I did love him with all of my heart. But then eventually, our love, like the letter, crumbled to dust.

"Deliver this, will you, with my special instruction?"

Amy's p.o.v

I wanted to believe that everything was better after the talk Nik and I had about Aurora and the fact that he didn't love her anymore, and that I was the only one he ever trusted. And he loved me more than I could possibly know. But that didn't mean I didn't have doubts. I knew he loved me, he wouldn't have married me otherwise. But a part of me knew that it was too good to believe that he didn't still love Aurora. That if things were different, Hope wouldn't be here, neither would the twins.

He told me last night, how she broke his heart but he didn't tell me how. I didn't want to give it much thought, but I couldn't help myself.

It was still early morning, and I was lying in bed, with Nik's head on my chest, sound asleep. My one hand was combing through his hair, scratching his scalp, while I twirled my engagement ring and wedding ring with the other. My mind was spinning out of control, and I felt insecure. I knew that somewhere down the line, Aurora would follow her brother, and I was afraid of what would happen when she did. I had a feeling that everything would fall apart, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"You do realize that I can hear you thinking?" Nik said without moving an inch, and I knew that I was doomed.

"Yes, I know, but that doesn't mean that I'll be able to just stop." I answered, looking down at him. Nik let out a sigh, but still didn't move an inch, in fact, he tried to bury his face even closer to my chest. Snuggling me like a child. Hah! And this was the terrifying hybrid? I certainly don't think so.

"What troubles your mind?" Nik asked me, his eyes trying to catch mine.

"Nothing." I sighed heavily. "And everything all at once."

I was being honest, because I didn't know what to think anymore. Nik let out a sigh of his own, removing himself from my chest, dragging me along so that I was on top of him.

"I do not want you to fear anything, Little wolf." Nik told me, caressing my face. "You're my wife, and I love you. Do not fear that I will do you wrong, by falling for Aurora's lies again."

"I know that you love me, Nik. But it's one thing to tell me this, another thing, is to mean it when you're standing in the middle of it. Don't lie here, telling me that it means nothing to you. When clearly, it does." I told him, not trying to sound angry, nor accusing.