Ch. 1 Travel Melancholy

It was a dark, warm and peaceful night.

The kind of night, a man would be grateful for, after a long, exhausting day of doing something they didn't like at all. That was your case - from the morning you've been travelling to your destination - Los Angeles. You felt extremely tired and sad for travelling was one of the things you hated most in the world. However, you had to do it, there was no choice.

It all started a few months ago, when your father remarried after the death of your mother. Her name was Jane.

The problem was, she didn't turn out to be the woman you believed her to be when your dad first introduced her to you before the wedding. In the beginning, she was the sweetest, most caring human being in the world but straight after the marriage, well, let's just say she revealed her true self.

Your dad loved you very much and therefore, showered you with love and care which was something your step-mother, being a woman who didn't have any children of her own, nor dreamed of having any, didn't quite approve of. She was jealous of you. She wanted your father to herself only. It was not in her nature to share. Actually, she's never shared anything with anyone, you even wondered if she knew what the meaning of the word "share" was.

School was over and the so desired by you summer vacation was- finally ahead of you. You wanted to enjoy every second of it and spend more time with your daddy but that was not a part of Jane's plan. That's how you ended up in Los Angeles.

Your step-mom suggested you should spend the summer at one of her relative's relative's relative house - Mr. Dracula. She explained exactly what kind of relative he was to her family but the story was so long and complicated that even the brightest mind wouldn't have been able to follow. The only thing you understood was his name - Michael Dracula. Anyway, what was important in this whole story was that she was trying to get rid of you.

She convinced your dad the house was in Los Angeles in a very greeny area where the air was very fresh with lots of activities to do, the perfect place for you to relax and spend the summer at. Given the fact your father was in love with her, he fell very easily into her trap and sadly, didn't see her real face no matter how hard you tried to show him.

Anyhow, your trip was coming to an end soon, you hoped. The driver took you from the airport and was supposed to drive you to some address from where another driver was to wait for you and escort you to Mr. Dracula's house. At that point, you got little confused - you had already left Los Angeles and were headed in some other direction away from the city but didn't Jane say it was in Los Angeles? Maybe you've misheard her?

You closed your eyes and relaxed in the car, waiting for the next stop. After a long while, you felt the car slowing down until it stopped. The driver turned around to face you and said

"This is where we part, Miss YN." he got out of the car and opened the door for you to get off. After doing so, you looked around.

You found yourself in the middle of some thick, dark forest, and you could see that the road ended behind the car. The road ended? There was no more road? There were no lamps either. The only light around this God-forsaken place, was coming from the silver moon only if its beams managed to make their way through the thick trees.

"What? Here?" you couldn't believe it.

"Yes."

"But there's not a single soul around! Are you sure this is the right place?"

"Absolutely, Miss. You aren't the only one I-" he stopped himself from saying something "I'm sure. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to be somewhere else."