Ch. 3 The Painting

You felt warmness.

The warmness of your own body.

The warmness that creates itself when your body has been sheltered under a warm blanket the whole night long. You turned around and made yourself comfortable in the big, soft bed. Your dad would knock on your door any minute soon to wake you up for school and when you get downstairs, the breakfast, that your mom made with so much love for you, will be waiting on the table.

You'd eat it all up and go to school, be with your friends there and when you come back home, the whole family will gather around the table for dinner and you'd chat and have a great time. That's what you'd call a perfect day!

You suddenly remembered something - this was not your bed, you were not home in your own bedroom and your mother was dead.

You opened your eyes.

To your surprise, you didn't feel sorry it wasn't your bedroom. That was a strange feeling, indeed. Few days ago you hated the idea of coming here but now it was different. You hated Jane for manipulating your dad and sending you here but now things have changed.

Maybe it was because of Mr. Dracula's hospitality or because of this extraordinary place, you couldn't tell but one thing was sure, you felt like you were slowing starting to like it.

You sat in bed and stretched your arms out, yawned, then looked through the window to see it was day but there was no sun which was weird... Los Angeles, in the middle of the summer but no sun! Which reminded you, ever since you've entered that forest to come to this place, you've been witnessing strange things only. Oh wait! Yesterday.... Mr. Dracula and Gilbert were with those wolves and ... and Gilbert was feeding them raw meat?!!! And then Mr. Dracula turned around and almost caught you spying on them... What was that?! You had no idea but one thing was sure - you were very scared!

Anyway, now that it was a brand new day with light outside, the scene with the wolves from last night, seemed like a bad nightmare, almost as if it had never really happened. You were amazed at how a new day could make everything better. New day spent exploring this awesome place! This immediately cheered you up and you put your feet on the floor ready to get up but stopped yourself as you saw a small sheet of paper and red rose on top of it on your night stand.

You took the red rose and inhaled from its red leaves. It was fresh. Its scent was so sweet yet strong that it took control of your brain and went through your whole body, relaxing your muscles and giving you pure joy.

Holding the flower in your left hand, you picked the letter with your right one

Good Morning Miss YN,

I hope you've slept well and rejuvenated your strength.
I'm afraid I won't see you tonight for I had to leave for the city early in the
morning to manage a very important business. I will be home tomorrow for dinner
until then, Gilbert will take care of you.
The image of you shall not leave my mind.

Dracula

You felt your face form a smile. Seemed like Mr. Dracula was more than just a hospitable person. It was so nice of him to give you this flower and the note too. But.... how did he get into your room? When? You didn't saw or hear him come in! That means.... did he sneak into your room while you were sleeping?

On the one hand you felt happy because of his "present" and on the other hand felt little strange because... how can he just come in without your permission?! It was indeed his house but still.. and what if you were sleeping naked?