Ch. 43 Castle

"What else do you see? Look at the third card! Do you see the diamond?" she looked at the cards, then at me. She looked again at the cards, then again back at me.
"No."

"What do you mean 'no'?" I jumped from my seat.
"I don't see it!" she replied with an attitude
"Woman, if you're lying to me-"
"I'm not! I don't see the diamond, okay! I see something else..."
"What?"
"A castle..." what did she mean by this? I was sure that witch was playing me and Lord if I didn't need her I was going to have her blood drunk by now! "But not yours.."
"And why would I care about that?"
"Because you'll find what you're looking for in that castle... according to the cards."
"I'll find the diamond there?"
"I don't see the diamond! Wait.." her facial expression suddenly changed "The countess had been protecting the rocket for centuries!" I immediately understood what she was trying to say!
"How didn't I think about that before! Maybe there is something in her castle that is connected to the City of Night!"
"There must be! The cards have never lied to me, Dracula... "
"Maybe we can get there without the diamond." she nodded her head. "Gilbert, we're going to Romania. Buy tickets for the next flight to Germany and from there, we'll run."

City of Night
YN's POV

I felt his cold lips onto mine and I immediately placed my hands on his chest to gently push him back in order to break up the kiss. 

"Meier.. I can't..." I whispered. He removed his hands from my back and placed them on my cheeks, caressing them gently.
"I understand... I don't want to push you into anything. I'll wait as long as I have to for you to accept my love. I am very patient!" I sighed, thinking about all those times I had told him that I loved only Michael. He just didn't want to hear me, therefore, I decided to remain silent. "I just... I lose it sometimes, when I'm around you and I want to hold you and kiss you so badly!" I was looking down at the ground and I was sure he understood that I felt uncomfortable, because he quickly changed the subject. "Let's continue our walk, shall we?" I nodded and he quickly took my hand in his, leading the way. 

The walk was silent and it felt uncomfortable. I could feel he was a little embarrassed because he kissed me without my permission and I did feel bad about him, so I decided to ask him something, to create a lighter atmosphere between us.

"Do you miss your family?" that was the first thing I could think of. He sighed.
"Yes, I do."
"Do you remember everything before you became a vampire?"
"Yes... Has Michael talked to you about our family before?"
"Yes, he has. He told me about your father, brothers, sisters. He thinks that you're all dead. I bet he'd be ecstatic when he finds out that you're here, alive!"
"I want to see him too, it's been forever..."
"Meier, how did you became a vampire?"
"I don't know... I just woke up and I felt strange."
"Maybe it was the witch's curse."
"What curse?" he looked at me with curious eyes.
"Michael told me that the village people caught him and wanted to kill him, using a witch to send his soul to hell. But the curse went wrong and instead to die, he turned into a vampire! Maybe the curse affected everyone from your family and you were the only alive, beside Michael, so you also turned into a vampire!"
"Wow.. I didn't know that! Is Michael the only one alive?"
"I guess so, at least that's what he knows! But one day soon, when we return home-"
"We won't return home, YN, there's no way! Forget about that!"
"Why are you getting so angry?! I just said what's on my mind!"
"Returning back to Michael is the only thing that's on your mind!" he let go of my hand suddenly.
"Well, I'm sorry, but that's how it is." I then began walking faster so as to get away from him. 

"YN! Wait!" he said and next thing I knew he was walking with me again. "I'm sorry! I didn't want to sound like that..." I was going to reply but stopped as I got surprised when I noticed Adamus in the distance approaching us. 

"Oh God.. " I rolled my eyes "not him..."

"Look who we have here!" he smiled and came closer to us "Meier Link and his beautiful human companion, YN! Are you out for a walk? How nice! May I join you?" we both said 
"No!"
"Great!" he pretended that we said 'yes' and started walking with us "Where are we going?"
"Home." I said.
"So soon? Hmmm... have you two love birds been fighting?"
"Adamus, can you please just for once, not talk?" Meier said.
"Hmm.. let me think.. ah no! C'mon why don't tell me what's going on, I might help you!"

Earth

Michael's POV

"Count, I've got the tickets! We're leaving tonight."
"That's great, Gilbert."
"But count, are you sure about this?"
"Gilbert, just think about it... the countess has been guarding the castle and rocket with her own life! Her castle is the spot from which vampires used to leave! There must be something! I can feel it! That crazy old witch must have known something more about the City of Night and she would tell no one!"
"We shouldn't have killed her..."
"I know, but we couldn't have known what would happen. However, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna get to YN very soon.. It's a matter of days!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few days we were at the countess' castle. We searched everywhere and finally found something in her library...

"It's a spell, Gilbert!" I yelled in excitement. "It will open the portal!"
"Really?!" he run over to me to look at the text.
"Let's go back home and give it to the witch! She will open the portal and YN will finally return to me! Gilbert, I'm so happy!"