Ch. 24 Decisions

If you guys think you can predict what will happen, you're wrong! This story is gonna turn upside down soon muahahahaha :D
Same applies to Silver Sins

YN's POV

"YN, I'll understand if you can't come to the city of the night... don't need to be afraid if your answer is no." Michael spoke after the long silence between us, caused by me. I just didn't know what to say.. I was still thinking about the part, where I was never going to see my father again. "If you want, we can stay here! If you want you can stay with your father and I'll come see you! I'll do anything you want as long as you stay with me! Don't give up on me, YN... I love you too much to live without you... whatever you say.." he grabbed my hand and cupped it in his big ones "I'll do. I'm your slave, YN."
"We'll go there!" I decided I loved Michael more than anything else, besides every girl who got married, was to leave her family to be with the husband. I was a big girl now and I had to make decisions on my own. I was truly sorry about my dad but I couldn't leave Michael who was my destiny.
"Are you sure?" he looked concerned.
"Yes. I want to be with you more than anything else and if we're going to be happy in that city then I wanna go there as soon as possible, Michael! I wanna become your wife too! Make me your wife now!" I demanded.
"I'm in ecstasy that you feel this way about us, but... I can't make you my wife now."
"Why not?"
"Because we don't have time, we have to leave this world, but when we get there, the first I'll do is wed you, my love!" he kissed my hand gently. "As a matter of fact..." he let go of my hand to pull something out of his pocket - a small box.

Was this an engagement r-ring?"

"YN..." his voice trembled as he fell down on his knees, looking straight into my eyes.
"Oh my God..." I whispered.
"I-I ahh.. I've never done this before and it's been thousands of years but.." he cleared his throat and I felt my eyes becoming wet "from the moment I saw you, YN, I knew there was something very special about you and you stole my heart! You made me fall in love like never before! You showed me what real love is! You showed me that my life was meaningful and I learned what real happiness is for the first time in my life! I was buried in a tomb of darkness, emptiness and was half dead, until you showed up..."
"Michael..." I could no longer hold the tears of happiness so they fell down my cheeks.
"I'm the happiest man on earth because you loved me back and you didn't run away from me when you found out my true nature... you treated me with respect and love despite the bad things I've done.... Therefore, the one and only thing I want is to make you my wife forever! I crave for your love and for a life with you in the city of the stars! YN, would you do me the great honor of becoming my wife?" he opened the box to reveal a golden ring, decorated with many diamonds. It looked very old and expensive.
"Yes yes yes yes!" I fell down on my knees and wrapped my hands around his neck.
"No, YN, don't fall on your knees in front of me! I am the one to do that! From this day on, you are my queen and I'm your humble slave!" he lifted me up and grabbed my hand to put the engagement ring. "This ring was my mothers and it was made by the best Goldschmidt back then... do you like it, love? If you don't I'll buy you something from this era and-"
"I love it Michael! It's amazing!" I looked at it. It was very heavy "But I don't think I deserve to wear such an expensive jewelry!"
"Of course you do! You are a queen, forgot?"
"Michael, I'm so happy..."
"I'm happy too, YN." our lips found the way to each other and soon moved into perfect synchrony.
"Michael..." I broke the kiss to ask him something.
"Yes, love?"
"When do we leave?"
"Tomorrow, why?"
"I wanted to ask you if I could see my father once more before we leave for the city of the night?"
"Of course! We'll go to your house first thing tomorrow and then we'll leave. I want you to pack your things and I'll do the same. We need to let Gilbert know what we've decided too so that he can start preparing for the trip, as well."
"May I ask, where exactly are we going?"
"Romania, love... there in the deepest forest, where no human dares set foot, is the castle of a very old friend of mine. She will help us to get to the city of the night."
"Is she a vampire?"
"Yes, a very old one. She's been hiding herself from the world for a very long time, living in complete isolation."
"Is she friendly?"
"Yes, she is nothing like Adamus or Marion... or those other ungrateful fools! Don't worry. Let's go tell Gilbert."