Ch. 39 Witch

Author's POV, 2 days later

"HOLD HER DOWN!" the vampires kept screaming. "DON'T LET HER ESCAPE!" but she hissed at them like an angry, wild cat would hiss when disturbed by annoying  humans.
"DOWN!" they commanded her, but she won't obey.

She was very scared in that moment. She had no idea how they managed to find her in the, what used to be very secure, hide out.  What the hell happened!

"LET GO OF ME, YOU STUPID VAMPIRES! I CURSE YOU ALL!" she kept fighting, but it was useless. Those damn vampires were just too strong for her.
"SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU DAMN WITCH!" now that she was tired of trying to free herself, she stopped fighting and her chest was heaving up and down, indicating that she was out of breath.

"What do you want with me?" she asked, trying to breath.
"We, nothing, but Michael does and that's where we're taking you!" one vampire replied.
"Wait... Michael? Dracula?" her eyes suddenly glistened with fear. The vampires nodded "Oh no..." she laughed, but her laughter was the one of pure fear "No.. I won't go! I don't wanna see him! NO WAY YOU CAN'T MAKE ME LEAVE ME ALONE!" she begun screaming and kicking like a crazy woman and stopped, when one of the vampires suddenly bit her, causing her to fall into a deep slumber for a few hours.
"I like her better now." she stood there with her eyes closed, sleeping "We should've done that earlier. Now let's take her to Dracula."

YN's POV

I haven't left my room for 2 whole days.

I was just too embarrassed to face Michael's brother after he kissed me. I was still trying to process that kiss and the fact that I kind of cheated on Michael... but did I really cheat? It wasn't like a wanted the kiss! It wasn't like I liked Meier Link! I liked him as a person and as Michael's brother, but not as a man! The only man I liked was Michael and that was going to stay forever like that!

This city and Meier's castle were making me lose my mind! I just couldn't breath properly here any more! I missed the earth so much, especially Michael! I missed my daddy too, even his evil wife...

I didn't know how long was I going to be able to stay here. I was even thinking about taking my life if there really was no hope of seeing Michael again... I couldn't live like this anymore! This place wasn't for me, because the love of my life wasn't here! How could we let all this happen.. all because of that stupid Adamus!

I took the beautiful diamond from under my pillow to touch it and look at it. It has been the only beautiful thing in my life lately and I used it to calm myself down. I didn't know how, but it reminded me of Michael and of all the beautiful moments we've had together. Suddenly, my thoughts got interrupted by the knocking on my door. I quickly hid the diamond.

"Come in!" it was probably the maid, bringing me food.

I heard the door open and someone walked in.

"Place the food on the table, thank you." I said without turning around.

"YN..." but then I heard Meier's voice and jumped a little. "I'd like to talk to you." he said with a very calm and somehow shy voice.
"Yes, Meier?" I then felt his cold hand on my shoulder, lifting me up and turning me around so that our eyes met.
"You've been in your room for two days." I looked away as I got red under his intense gaze, which reminded me of Michael. "Are you okay?"
"Yes, I am... I'm just tired." I lied. After a short pause he said
"It's because I kissed you, right?" and then before I could answer he went on "I did it because I really like you, YN... you've been here for a very short period of time, but I don't know what happened to me and I just... I don't know how to express myself.."
"Meier, I'm flattered, but... the only man I'll love is Michael." I told him the truth.
"You do realize that you'll never see him again, don't you?" his question made me so angry!
"I will!" I raised my voice "Now, please leave me alone!" me not seeing Michael again made me really angry. "I want to be alone!"
"Forgive me, YN." he turned around to leave, but then stopped, looked around, sniffed and said "There is something strange about this room..." I had no idea what he was talking about "I sense some kind of energy..."
"I just haven't opened up the windows to let fresh air inside, maybe that's why." he sniffed once again and said
"You're probably right." and left.

Michael's POV

I was in my library, desperately looking at old books to find some information about the city of night. I had no fate in the vampires. It had been two days and they still hadn't showed up. They had only one day left until their death... and my death. If I couldn't see YN, then this life was not worth living. I had no idea if she was okay, or if she had made it there... I was too scared to think that she could be dead right now...

I suddenly sensed something. Noises... coming from far away. I sharpened my ears and heard the footsteps of the vampires. They were coming.

Filled with hope, I scurried downstairs in the living room to wait for them! I hoped they had found something to help me get to the city of night! If not, they were going to die.

Gilbert came too. He must have heard them approach.

Soon the door flung open and immediately sensed a familiar smell in the air, then I saw two vampires carrying.... her.

"My dear count," they begun and bowed down in front of me, but I was still in shock "look who we've got here!" she started waking up.
"She's alive..." I heard Gilbert whispered behind me. He was blown away too.
"So it would seem, Gilbert. We thought she might know something about you know what." he then shook her "Wake up!" and yelled. She opened her eyes and they stopped at me. I could tell she was petrified and I could hear her little heart beating like a drum while the blood circulated in her body.
"M-Michael..." she stuttered.
"You're alive." was all I could say.
"A spell..." she replied.

So she knew a lot of spells.

"May I ask, count," she begun "why am I here? I hope you don't want to kill me..." I could tell she suspected I would do that.
"That depends on you." I replied.
"What do you want from me? A revenge? Because I turned you into a vampire!?"

She was the witch that cursed me. (you can refresh your memory in chapter 5)

"It wasn't my fault! The villagers made me do it or they were gonna kill me!" she begun explaining herself with the hope I would have mercy on her. "And my spell went wrong, I didn't know what happened!"
"Forget about that. I see you've managed to stay alive for 2000 years and on top of that, hidden. You must know a lot of spells, am I right?" then she smiled.
"I see know! You want a spell from me.. to help perhaps? Why didn't you say so earlier! I will gladly help you, count!"
"What do you know about the city of the night?" I begun.
"The city of the night used to be very famous among vampires, but not anymore... It was the perfect place for your kind."
"I want to know how to get there." she laughed out loud.
"Haven't you heard, Michael... you can't do that anymore! There is no way! You can't go there, nor return."
"There was one rocket only and I almost did go there, but something happen..."
"Why would the king of vampires want to go there?"
"To live in peace with his human wife."
"WHAT?"
"You heard me right. She ended up alone there by mistake and now I need you to tell me how to bring her back."
"There is no way! You can't even be sure that she's still alive! No one knows if the city even exists!"
"I'm sure it does! I know she's still alive and I need her to return! I'm willing to do anything! I'll pay you handsomely if you help me. I'll even forgive you for turning me into a vampire and I won't try to kill you."
"The only thing that I know about the city and the earth... and I'm not sure of it, I've only heard about it many years ago, is that there is a diamond..."
"A diamond?"
"Yes, the diamond of pure love... a legend..."