Ch. 12 Home

After I returned home last night with the juice, I didn't tell Michael about my little "chat" with Adamus because I knew that Michael didn't like him very much, although, Adamus kept saying they were friends. He was probably lying to me but why would he do that?

I told Michael and my father that I met a classmate of mine and we begun talking so I lost track of time. However, there was something else that was bothering me...

Last night and today in the morning, I've noticed a few times Jane whispering things to Michael. She was trying to find a way for them to be alone to talk in complete privacy. I even spotted them once hiding behind the wall in the kitchen exchanging suspicious words but I was too far away to hear what exactly they were talking about, besides, Michael must have probably smelled me since he quickly interrupted the "conversation". I wanted to ask him later about that, but was afraid to. He's been kind of cold towards me for the last few days and I had no idea why. Maybe I've said something to him? Or Gilbert? I didn't know...

The idea of me thinking about it the wrong way also occurred to me. Maybe I was exaggerating it and Michael and Jane weren't really hiding but just chatting. Maybe I was being just jealous because he talked to her and not to me. I had to admit, she was attractive, much older than me and it boiled the blood in my veins. That would be my worst nightmare....

I decided to stop thinking about it, because it was too much for me to handle.

But how could I do that now that we were on his private plane on our way to LA! He was peacefully sitting in the leather seat with his hands placed on his lap and eyes closed, obviously on purpose so that he won't have to talk to me. Gilbert was doing the same thing and I didn't really know what to think. Were they mad at me for some reason? Could it be that Michael has found out about me and Adamus and was now mad that I didn't tell him? Oh God... I loved him so much! I turned my head to look at his beautiful face.

 I loved him so much! I turned my head to look at his beautiful face

I knew he wasn't sleeping. He told me himself he never slept but I didn't care about it... as long as his eyes were closed, I could watch him and examine his face as much as I wanted until I've completely memorized him. Ever then, I know I'd still want to watch him. He was so perfect...

I was trying to think of something about him that wasn't so good because silence got me bored, so I kept thinking but I couldn't come up with anything. On the contrary, I was finding more things that I liked about him. He was perfect indeed.

I don't know if it was because of the fact he wasn't a human but a vampire or because he was just simply beautiful. Sometimes I wish I could see him before he was a child of the night... when he was a human.

What would it be like if he was a human like me? Or if he never became what he was now?

Oh no... how could I even think of that?!

If he hadn't turned into a vampire, he wouldn't be sitting next to me today and I would've never met him! Oh God.. I just realized how much I needed him in my life because I couldn't imagine it without him. I didn't want to live without him and I didn't want to return home ever again! I only wanted to stay with him at the castle. No matter if he loved me, no matter what he wanted to do with me, I wanted to be close to him.