Ch. 30 Romania

"Dracula!" we heard a female's voice with a strong German accent, who was standing behind the grand opened gate! I couldn't make out what she looked like.. all I saw was her black silhouette.

"Gräfin!" Michael said "Let's go meet the countess, love!"

He put his coat around my body, letting the sheet fall freely  down on the ground. He then grabbed my hand and lead me towards the front gate. I could feel Gilbert and the other 2 vampires following us behind.

I could see in the distance a tall woman, wearing a red dress and as we approached, everything became clear.

She looked magnificent! I had to confess

She looked magnificent! I had to confess.. I was jealous of her! She was a true lady and I... I looked at myself to realize I had dirt all over my skin! Her dress was exquisite and Michael's coat wasn't bad, but couldn't stand next to the dress...

"Dracula!" she had a strong German accent "Haven't seen you in ages!" they hugged for a second and she said "YN, I suppose?" she looked at me.
"Yes.." I whispered.
"I am glad to meet you! Welcome to Romania and my castle!" she spread her arms wide as a welcome sign "Do come in and feel my home as yours!"
"Thank you so much for everything!" Michael said.

We entered inside and I heard her greet Gilbert and the other 2 vampires too.

She lead us to our rooms and I couldn't help it but stare around the huge rooms! Suddenly, she turned around to us, as we were walking up the stairs, saying

"I hope the journey to Romania went fine... especially for you YN. I know how hard it is for a human to travel like this..." seemed she was quite friendly.
"It was a little, but Michael, Gilbert and our friends helped me a lot, so I can't really complain." Michael looked at me, giving me a warm smile of approval.
"You will have the chance to rest now for a few days before you depart to the city of night." she said. "Come, I'll show you to your chambers." the castle was big but not as big as Michael's, so soon we arrived.

What was interesting to me was that me and Michael had separate chambers, but I guessed it was because the countess was very old and men and women used to not sleep together even though they were married in ancient times.