Ch. 25 Off to the city of night

Author's POV, Indiana

Marion, Marissa, Adamus and Frank arrived in the village of werewolves which was situated in the deep forests, with the three young men, leading them.

They were obviously not welcome into the world of wolves for everyone looked with eyes full of suspicion and hatred at them.

There were even question flying in the air like 'Why did you let them come?', 'Vampires don't belong here!', 'Off with their heads!', 'You young men are crazy to bring them here!' and so on.

Soon, they reached a big wooden house at the end of the village and all of them walked in. The boys escorted them inside into another room, where the leader of the werewolves was sitting.

He was an old, caramel skin toned man with white hair and beard, next to him were sitting other men, much more younger.

"Vampires in our village!" the old man exclaimed and everyone stood up ready to attack. Their peace had left the room, once the vampires entered.
"Teacher," one of the young boys said "they said they needed to talk to you about Gilbert and Dracula... it's important!" once they heard those two names, the old man told them to leave and in the room remained all the vampires, he and two other werewolves, maybe the teacher's most trusted werewolves.

"Gilbert and Dracula you say?" he asked the vampires now that they were alone. The werewolves got a little calmer now that they knew the reason for their sudden appearance.
"What is this, teacher?" Adamus said the last word with sarcasm, before Frank could even speak "No hello to us? No you're welcome? We travelled a loooong time to see you and this is how you greet us?" 'oh not Adamus again' Frank thought!
"Please excuse our friend Adamus whom we shouldn't have taken with us in the first place!" Frank gave Adamus a deadly stare to which Adamus rolled his eyes. "It is indeed about Gilbert and Dracula that we've come here to talk to you about. We have very bad news..."
"What did Gilbert do?" the teacher asked with pain in his eyes.
"It's more about Dracula... he has violated the laws of vampires." the werewolves looked like as if they didn't believe it.
"What?"
"He has fallen in love with a human girl and he's intentions are to marry her." the werewolves rose from their seats in disbelief! "Gilbert is supporting him." he shot everything in two sentences.
"I can't believe it..." for a second, the teacher lost his balance and his men quickly grabbed him.
"Are you okay, teacher? Sit down, do you want water?"
"Gilbert..." he whispered "I know the day he left our village to serve a vampire, that he would end up badly. Werewolves agreed to let him go only because it was Dracula, whom he was going to serve. And now, I see he's become even more than a servant to him..."
"What a shame!" one of the teacher's men said "Our own brother has abandoned and betrayed us to help Dracula! If the rest were to find out I-"
"Everyone must find out!" Adamus said "Because this is not everything!"
"What more?" the teacher said with pain in his eyes.
"We had a vampire meeting, he burnt down our bible and we are sure that they are going to leave for the city of night!"
"The city of night..." the teacher whispered, looking at one point in the distance "Nobody knows if it still exists! Nobody has returned from there to tell if life is possible! Is Dracula crazy? How could he do such reckless thing?"
"He is." Adamus replied.
"What are we going to do?"
"Our plan is quite simple." Frank jumped in "Kill Dracula and the human, and renounce a new king to the vampires. For this purpose, he must not make it to the city of night. If he is not officially murdered in front of everyone, we won't be able to select a new king."
"If you werewolves help us, you might get a chance to vote for the new king as well..." Adamus said.
"And why do we care about that?" the teacher asked.
"Because we can change the rules and laws between our races, of course if the knew king agrees... You can win a lot, I hope you know that."