Ch. 20 The Grand Meeting

Sorry it took me this long to update :(

2 days later, Author's POV

"Is he really going to come this time, Frank? Are you sure you heard him right?" Melissa asked Frank, as they were waiting in the huge hall.
"Yes, I did! I even asked him, because at first, I didn't believe him either. But I'm telling you, he's become insane!" while the vampires were having a conversation about Dracula, he, YN and Gilbert were already standing in front of the entrance which looked like the entrance of a catacomb.

YN was really confused at first since Michael had told her that the place where they held the counsel was a huge house, called the house of vampires.

She saw in front of her just a small entrance that wasn't bigger than a 2 room house. Was that it? Was that the great house of vampires?

"Are you ready, YN?" Michael looked at her with a smirk on his face and she nodded her head. He seemed quite happy that he was doing this.

They entered inside and YN found herself in a beautifully decorated room. The whole house was just a big room, decorated with golden statues of humans and animals, beautiful paintings and to her utmost surprise - no windows and no where to sit down.

Dracula removed his long coat which served as protection from the sunlight and threw it on the floor.

"Do you like it?" he had noticed the way YN was curiously looking around.
"Yes, it's decorated with taste."
"I decorated it."
"Really?"
"Yes. I was the founder of this house. I built it with my own fortune."
"You have a great taste! But no wonder... your castle is even more beautiful!"
"Thank you, YN."
"But where is everybody? And isn't this place kind of small?"
"Hahaha!" Dracula and Gilbert laughed.
"You are right. And that's why we have this!" he walked over to a statue pulled something on it and from the floor opened a staircase that seemed to lead deep underground.
"Ohh so it's hidden!" YN said.
"Yes, only we vampires know about this and now you too, which makes you the first human to ever see this. C'mon, they are waiting for us. I can smell them."

YN wasn't very sure about this. She had no idea what it would feel like to be surrounded by vampires who hated humans, but since she loved Michael so much, she was determined to go through anything to be with her man.

Holding their hands, they took the first step of the staircase and behind them, followed Gilbert.

After like a 5 minutes of stairs, they finally reached a smaller entrance which lead to a huge hall.

So their house was well hidden deep underground!

Their entered the huge hall and the first thing YN saw was a bunch of vampires with rather angry faces, looking at her from tip to toe. They were all dressed very well and looked older than Michael or Gilbert. She also spotted a familiar face - Frank's. Then two more vampires appeared from behind - Marion and Adamus. Of course, they were going to be there, as well. They started this, after all.

Adamus was smiling from ear to ear and winked at YN right after she saw him. He was more than pleased to have Dracula here to be judged for committing a terrible crime! He had hated him so much for such a long time and now it was finally time for a pay off.

Michael took a step before you and Gilbert, the two of you standing right behind him now.

"Children, " Michael begun "it's so nice to see you after such a long time!" an evil smile spread across his face. YN could swear that Michael had something in mind for tonight.

All the vampires in the room honored their father with a courteous bow. It was a little funny to YN how much older looking vampires bowed down to the young looking Michael, but she knew it wasn't about age, but about how many years have you been a vampire.

"Father, " a tall, slim vampire with snow white skin and black hair said. He looked the oldest of them all, around 60 years old when he was turned. "it's nice to see you too. You haven't attended the counsel in quite some centuries!"
"Well, what can I tell you... I was sure you were fine without me here." Michael soft voice echoed between the walls.
"It's just too bad that" a woman spoke "the circumstances under which we're meeting are..." she looked at YN, made a pause and went on "well you know... very humanly." YN felt scared of her cold stare.
"Well well, father, " Adamus jumped in, of course, he couldn't keep his mouth shut for a second even "I'm sorry to say that, but you've become very impolite! Aren't you gonna introduce us to this lovely human lady of yours?"
"Dear Adamus, noisy as usual. However, I'm sure thanks to your efforts now everybody knows her very well!" Dracula replied which made Adamus little annoyed. "But still, children, this is YN, my lady!" immediately the woman cut him off.
"Shame! Shame for all vampires!" she yelled.
"Don't you dare raise your voice at your father!" Michael showed her who the boss was.
"I'm sorry, count, but she is right!" Frank said "What you're doing is against the law!"
"Against your own law!" Marion added.
"This has got to stop! Our existence should have remained hidden and now this human knows about us! How many other people know except her?" Melissa jumped in.
"None." Michael said.
"Maybe none for now, but we don't know for how long... This union is impossible!" the woman muttered.
"YN, " Adamus begun and she was shocked that he turned to her. He begun coming closer to her, holding a very old book in his hands "do you know what this is, love?" she shook her head.
"This is our... let's say bible and law. Do you know who the writer is?" YN nodded her head. "Do you know what the first law says?" she nodded again and before Adamus spoke again, Michael jumped in.
"Adamus, it's so nice that you decided to bring the book here. Come closer, child." the tone in Michael's voice as he said that was strange... Adamus thought for a second, confused because of Michael, but then did step closer to him.

Michael standing calmly like a statue, raised his left hand and suddenly from the book in Adamus hands, strong flames appeared before everybody's eyes.

Dracula has set the bible on fire.

Everyone in the room awed out loud, some holding onto their heads, others needed to sit down, and YN couldn't believe her eyes.

So Michael had other powers besides being fast, jumping really high and almost flying???!! Like he could start a fire!!?? And what a strong fire! The book burnt within a seconds, causing Adamus to scream because the fire transferred onto his hands!

As for Michael, he was calmer than a dead man, as if nothing was going on.

The book turned to ashes.

"What have you done..." Frank said "Our history... our bible! THE SOURCE OF VAMPIRISM!"

"I AM THE SOURCE OF VAMPIRISM AND THIS BOOK WAS NOTHING!" Michael screamed.

"IT WAS OUR BIBLE! HOW COULD YOU DESTROY THE LAW THAT YOU CREATED!" Marion jumped in.

"This law was stupid! The rules in it were coming from a lost soul that was angry with the world, but I was wrong... and you are wrong!"

"She has completely messed his head!" the woman said and everybody agreed with her. "I SAY WE MUST MAKE HER DEAD!" she yelled like an angry witch!
"YEAAHH! KILL HER!!" the vampires begun screaming and suddenly went straight forward in YN's direction, ready to attack and tear her flesh apart.

She didn't know what to do.

The sight of angry, wild faces, with big fangs that came  from strong jaws and long sharp nails, caused her to petrify with pure fear. There was nowhere to go or hide.

She was going to die.

And it was going to hurt.