Ch. 11 Return "home"

"Hello, my love." his warm, soothing voice sounded like pure music, however, it didn't suit his evil face.

"Adamus.." he slowly begun walking over to me and I got paralyzed in fear.
"Why this face, YN?" he came even closer so I took a step backwards "Aren't you happy to see me? Didn't miss me?" his evil grin spread across his face. I decided to get myself together because if I showed him that I was scared, it would backfire on me.
"What do you want?" I squeezed the bottle of juice between my arms, holding it like a baby to kind of calm myself.
"You meet a friend and this is how you greet him!?" what friends, we were no friends!
"We friends? We've only met once..." I reminded him.
"Yes but whoever is Dracula's friend is my friend too. However, don't worry. I am forgiving, darling."
"What are you doing here?" this question burnt like fire. I wanted to know what this vampire was doing in my town around the people that I knew!
"Oh nothing. I was just passing by when I sensed your scent in the air so I decided to say 'hi'. And what are you doing here, dear?" his eyes were burning through me, waiting for an answer.
"I live here."
"Oh... I thought you lived with the count in his castle."
"No, I live here." I didn't want to give him details since I didn't know if that was what Michael wanted. Besides, I was sure Michael didn't like Adamus.
"So... where is the count?" what was I supposed to say now? Should I say he's with me?
"I don't know... home I suppose."
"Funny, because that's where I'm coming from and he wasn't there."
"Really?" I pretended I didn't know.
"Mhm. That's why I asked you if you knew his location because I wanted to talk to him."
"Well, unfortunately I don't know. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go..."
"Why this hasty, love? Don't you want to chat with me?"
"Adamus, I don't have time, my father's waiting for me.." I lied.
"Oh love, you don't have even 10 minutes for me! Come, " his cold hand grabbed my arm "let me take you to one of those human activities that you call café!" I tried to free myself from his grip but it was too strong so he started pulling me and I had no other option but to follow.
"But but I.."
"Don't worry, I won't drink your blood no matter how delicious it smells, love!" he let out a silent laugh. Was this some kind of vampire humor because it wasn't funny!? "Now come!"

Michael's POV

"Long time no see, Dracula..." Marion begun "Few thousands of years, if I'm not mistaken."
"You're not." I replied "And if I'm not mistaken, last time we met you betrayed me."
"Oh please... that was in the past and the past is the past. Let's live in the future, that's what I've learned from humans."
"I've learned there is no future without the past."
"Hmm... still old school, I see, which is strange because I heard you were having a companion... a young lady from the human world." Adamus must have told him. I didn't like this. "I thought she had managed to influence you but I guess I was wrong."
"She was just food for me and Gilbert." I quickly lied. 

In this second I understood everything. I knew what he was trying to do and the heart of this was no one else but ....

Adamus.