Ch. 45 Torn between Michael and Meier

I was sitting on the floor, crying and still trying to process what I had heard from the elderlies a few minutes ago. On top of that, Meier immediately agreed to marry me! I couldn't believe it! I needed Michael so much right now.. I needed him desperately! Where was he? What was he doing now? God how I needed him!

KNOCK KNOCK

"It's Victor. May I come in?"

I heard his voice from the other side of the door. I quickly wiped away my tears, got up and opened the door.

"I need to talk to you." I nodded and he entered my room, closing the door behind him. "Why did your run away like this?"
"It was too much for me to handle..." I replied honestly.
"You don't want to marry Meier Link?" he asked directly.
"No."
"Why? I thought you two liked each other!"
"It's complicated..."
"I'm sure I can keep up!" he insisted to know.
"I don't love him.. he asked me to give him a chance, so I agreed, because I didn't want to hurt him, but it's not love!"
"Do you love Adamus then?"
"God no! Not him."
"Then who?"
"Michael." after a short pause he said
"Michael Dracula? Meier's brother?"
"Yes..." I whispered and he immediately placed his hand over his forehead. "We were going to get married! He's the only one for me and-"
"Shhh! Don't talk! I don't want anyone to hear that you had an affair with Meier's brother!"
"Once I return home, I'll be with him forever!"
"You cannot return home, foolish girl, this is your home!"
"It's not and I'm not going to marry Meier!"
"Very well. In this case, you can't stay here."
"And I don't want to!"
"You don't understand, do you.. you can't go back, you can't stay here, this means we'll have to kill you in order to cleanse yours and Meier's names."
"What? Are you insane?"
"Don't talk to me like that! Show some respect towards the people who are centuries older than you, girl! Now, I assume your decision will be to marry Meier. I'll let everyone know and we'll start preparing the royal engagement party."
"But-"
"It's either wedding or death." with this he left the room and closed the door behind him. 

How did I end up here? How was I going to marry Meier Link? I didn't love him and I was never going to be happy with him! The only man for me was Michael but if I didn't marry Meier, they were going to kill me! Oh Lord, please help me! Michael, where are you now? Please do something, love... 

The only hope I had now was for some miracle to happen but did miracles exist?

After a few hours of me being in my room crying and thinking about a way out of this, someone knocked on my door. 

"It's me, YN." it was Meier. He slowly opened the door and I used this moment to wipe away my tears before he got in. "I came to talk to you..."
"I don't have anything to say to you." I was sharp.
"I know you're very angry with me... and I know why but... I couldn't help it, YN! I love you! And on top of that if the elderlies say something, it must be done. I don't want to put you in danger by not doing what they want, which is you know... marriage." he came closer to me "I can make you happy, YN, if you just let me. If you're just willing to give us a try and let go of the past!"
"I can't let go of the past, Meier, the past is holding onto me."
"YN..." he placed his hand on my shoulder and I quickly moved away.
"Don't touch me!" I yelled.
"YN, I'm sorry..."
"You could have said you didn't want to marry me, but you didn't, although you knew I don't want this marriage! You're selfish!"
"YN, it was to protect you!"
"I'll never be a woman to you, Meier!"
"I understand..." he whispered and I could sense sadness in his voice. "But if you don't marry me, they'll kill you and I can't let that happen."

Then a thought occurred to me... if I married Meier, he was going to turn me into a vampire because his wife had to be one and if I were a vampire, I'd be very strong and also would be able to find a way out of this city once and for all. And once I've found a way, I'll go to Michael and kill anyone, who tried to stop me.