Ch. 5 Under the Moon

He pulled you closer, removed his long red cape and wrapped it around your body.
"It will keep you warm." he smiled. "Now I want you to hold onto me tightly!"
"Why?" you asked.
"Because.." he picked you up bridal style and you wrapped your hands around his neck. You noticed he wasn't warm like Gilbert. "We're going back in the castle." then he jumped off the ground and in less than a few seconds, you were so high you could see the trees that looked like ants now.

Could he fly!!!??

You got scared because the distance between you and the earth was great. You felt how you involuntarily squeezed Michael's neck to the point where your hands hurt, then closed your eyes tightly and buried your head in the crock of his neck but since the thing that was happening to you right now, wasn't something that happened every day, you decided to open them a little to look.

You saw him getting too close to a tree.

"AHHHHHH!" you screamed because you thought you were gonna die! He was going to crash straight into that big tree, is what you thought but he didn't. Instead, used it as a trampoline to increase his strength and speed because the next stop was the highest terrace of the castle.

The wind was blowing so strong on your face and he must have noticed that for his hand sheltered it with the cape.

You landed on his terrace which made you so happy! You survived!

He didn't let you on the ground immediately but kept carrying you, taking the stars down to enter the room with the big windows and that's where he gently put you on the floor. Your legs touched the marble and they've never before felt this weak and cheesy. Moreover, your whole body was shivering, filled with adrenaline. The feeling could be compared to riding on one of those scary rides.

"You can fly?" you couldn't control yourself, you had to ask him, there were also many other question that haunted you.

"It's not exactly flying. Let's say I can jump really high and take great distances before I need to set my feet on the ground..." you kept the cape around your body because it was cold although the adrenaline made you feel little warmer than before.

"You can also climb walls?" he begun taking of his gloves.

"Yes, you saw me earlier. I can climb ceilings too."

"This is your room, right?"

"Yes."

"Why is there no furniture?"

"Because I don't need it."

"But what if you get tired? You have to sit down!"

"I don't get tired."

"You don't? Like... never?" he nodded his head, grinning at you. So he never gets tired? Great... "But you do have a bed!"

"Yes. It makes me feel more... human and I also like to lay on it during day time and read books." this immediately led you to another question. "Don't you sleep?"

"No."

"But aren't vampires supposed to sleep in a ..."

"Coffin? Hahaha.. no, that's only in movies. We don't sleep at all."

"Can you walk out in the sun light?" he hesitated.

"I think I can... I did it once and... it was more than 1000 years ago.." your jaw dropped. 1000 YEARS AGO, LIKE WHAT????