Ch. 48 Visit

"I understand. Excuse me." he turned around to leave.
"Michael, wait, I'm not done talking!" Victor grabbed YN's arm and said
"Let him go! Whatever you too had, is over. You should focus on your marriage now and on the ritual too." Michael stopped walking and froze. He slowly turned around and said
"Please don't say you're planning to do it..."
"Of course we are!" Victor replied "Those are the rules. YN must become a vampire and forget her human life and father."
"You can't turn her into a vampire, she's not ready yet!" he protested, but the elderlies believed in the old rules and customs.
"I sense trouble coming because of the three of you! This is going to be very hard.." Victor sighed.

"Wait one second.." YN jumped in "What do you mean by me forgetting about my father?!" she asked Victor, one of the elderlies. 
"Once you become a vampire, your past becomes history and the humans you knew before no longer fit in your world. Vampires and humans can't live together, YN. That's why if one of us marries a human, the human must be turned through a ritual."
"But why? I live with all of you and everything's fine!" YN protested.
"For now." Meier Link replied "But the longer a human stays with a vampire, the harder it gets to resist drinking the human's blood."
"But the vampires from the city haven't drunken blood in ages and they're fine!"
"The vampire nature is a cruel one, YN." Victor said "A vampire can turn into a monster very easily if left for a long time around blood and flesh... That's why I said, this is not the time to play love games. You all must focus on the newly arrived vampires. Let me tell you this... If Michael and Meier get distracted now, the vampires will stop listening to them and are going to... hunt. They are very strong and if this happens, your race, YN, will suffer greatly. I'm talking about apocalypse! Thirsty vampires roaming every street, attacking humans and drinking their blood, corpses everywhere... you father will die too."
"Stop it!" I couldn't handle the thought of my father dying. "That's enough! I think you've seen to many horror movies."
"Michael," Victor turned to him "is what I said the truth?" Michael was looking at the floor and replied in almost a whisper
"Yes." Victor looked back at YN in a way that said 'See, I told you'. 
"Now that we're done chatting, Michael you have to come with me and talk about the next group of vampires that are about to arrive tonight." Michael looked at YN one more time and Victor said "Oh and remember YN, your parents must not know we're vampires! Our existence must remain hidden."

YN and Meier headed in the opposite direction to the living room back to YN's dad. 

"YN, listen to me.." Meier begun talking on the way "I'm really sorry about your father and this whole situation..." she rolled her eyes "But I promise you that I'll do my best to make things work and your dad will be a part of our lives." 
"Thanks, Meier..." YN replied with a sarcastic voice. She started walking but Meier grabbed her hand and said
"I wanna ask you something... when we got married you couldn't wait to become a vampire and now when Victor mentioned it, you hated the idea and refused. Why?" because YN wanted to become strong and find a way back to Earth and that was only possible if she was a vampire. Now when with Michael, there was no need for that. But how could she say that to Meier?
"Because my family was away from me and now they're here..." it was almost the truth. 

Meier didn't speak anymore. They went back to her parents and sat down with them to talk. YN's dad had thousand of questions about the two brothers and their huge castle. He was also angry with YN and Meier for getting married without letting them know first for he wished a nice wedding ceremony for his only daughter. After dinner, when it got late around 12am, because they continued talking after supper, everybody went to sleep. 

YN and Meier's room was very big and consisted of the bedroom and a small office. YN of course didn't sleep with Meier. She stayed in the bedroom and he in the office. 

She took a shower and as she was just about to go to bed something caught her eye outside. 

She approached the big window to look and noticed a figure in the distance sitting on the window but outside of it. It was Michael. He got up, jumped and landed smoothly on the ground. Even though he was a vampire, YN still wondered how he managed to take such a great height in one jump! He begun walking and his black cloak moved behind him to the rhythm of the strong night wind. Where was he going so late? What was on his mind?

==============

"What do you want, Jane?" Michael asked.
"What do I want? Really, Michael?" Jane was annoyed. "You know very well what I want! We had a deal and you didn't keep it! You know why... because YN is still alive!" she yelled.
"Keep your voice down, someone might here you!"
"I'll keep my voice down when you complete your part of the deal!"
"Listen, Jane, I'm not going to kill YN!"
"Why? She's young, beautiful and full of energy! I bet her blood must taste like sugar!" she tried to seduce him.
"YN is not going to die."
"But we had a deal!"
"The deal is off! I fell in love with her... I didn't think this could happen, but it did..."
"Well, I don't care about that! I want you to keep your promise! I thought a Dracula always kept their promises.."
"We do, but sometimes it's impossible to do so, like now. And one more thing... don't bring this up again and forget it or I'll tell YN's dad everything about you. Good night." Michael left and when he disappeared in the distance, Jane whispered to herself

"Oh I'll forget it Michael but I wonder what would you dear brother Meier say if he knew you were going to kill his sweet wife..."