Ch. 23

City of the night was inspired by the anime 'vampire hunter D', just so you know :D

Enjoy!

"Have you heard of the City of the Night?" Michael asked. The small leaves of the bushes of the labyrinth rustle as the cold wind blew through them.
"City of the night?" what was that? "No, I haven't... in which state is that city?" Michael laughed out loud. "Why are you laughing?" I didn't like that laugh.
"Because this city isn't in any state of America, nor it is on our planet."
"WHAT? It's not on our planet??"
"Exactly. It lays beyond the stars and it is even older than me." my jaw literally dropped and of course, I became very curios to know about it.
"Really? How is this possible?" my eyes became big and sparkly.
"Well, there was this legend long time ago before I became a creature of the night..."
"What legend?! Tell me! Tell me!"
"Hahaha of course I'll tell you, YN!" he laughed at my curiosity "During the time I was in my 20s, people strongly believed in the existence of witches and the supernatural. They used to say that a bunch of very powerful witches established this city as their hideout."
"Why would they hide there?"
"Because during the times when I was young, witches weren't accepted very nicely... once the people found out there was a which among them, she was caught and burnt to dust immediately. Seemed like witches wanted to escape their fate and created this city. Once a witch was discovered, she was to escape and hide herself in the city of the night."
"So in this city, there are many witches?"
"Not anymore, YN. Things have changed a lot... many years later, after I became a vampire and had turned many other humans into vampires, some of them became tired of living among humans... they didn't want to hide anymore. So when they heard about the city of the night, they decided to go there too."
"So vampires and witches live together there?"
"No... the witches didn't want to mix with vampires, we don't like each other very much. They told the vampires not to come to the city, but of course, my kind didn't listen..."
"And what happened next?"
"Vampires started flying to the city and when the witches tried to make them leave, a fight exploded. It was a bloody fight they say..."
"So you weren't there?"
"No, I never witnessed it. During that time I was busy with other stuff and I had zero interested in that city."
"And who won the fight?"
"It turned out that vampires were stronger than witches. In the end, all the witches in the city were murdered."
"Couldn't they have returned to earth or something? Instead of dying?"
"Well..." he sighed "there is this tiny problem..."
"What is it?"
"Once you've entered the city of the night, there is no turning back."