Ch. 16

"Gilbert!!!! Gilbert I need you!!!" it felt as if I was being placed somewhere. "Gilbert!" I don't know where I was but it was freezing cold.

I certainly wasn't awake but I also wasn't asleep... everything felt like a dream.

*beast growling with anger*

"What took you so long?!" it growled again but this time more calmly. "I need you now... she's covered in blood and she has scratches all over her body! She's hurting!" it growled as if it was talking "I swear I was gonna do it but she fell down the cliff! I couldn't let her die!" it growled even louder, probably in disapprove with his words "I can't take it any longer! Her blood is driving me crazy and I can't stand it! I need you to clean her wounds and warm her up!!" the beast growled even louder and more furious than before. "DO AS I SAY! DON'T FORGET THAT I'M THE MASTER! DO IT NOW!" the man yelled and he sounded like the howling of the wind, the beast growled in reply, obviously dissatisfied again.

I suddenly felt something wet like the tongue of a dog, but it was much bigger and stronger. It begun licking my body and at first it hurt me so much, but then I kind of started to like it. It ripped my clothes off and continued licking my body. This made me feel even colder but it relieved the strong pain a little. Afterwards, when it had finished licking me, I felt it lay itself on top of me, covering me with his body, just like a bird would cover its baby under its wing.

It had thick fur and its body was so extremely hot, that it warmed me up within a minute. I stopped shivering and felt an extremely pleasant heat and a sense of security, then everything went black...

I woke up in my bedroom under the warm blanket. I slowly opened my eyes to see it was a day and straight after I moved a little, I felt my body imprisoned by terrible pain as if thousand knives had deeply scratched it. I slowly begun remembering things from last night...

I remember I fought with Michael and run away, but he followed me and then I fell off a cliff and he caught me. From then, everything was a blur.

I think I heard someone talking and something... growling?? I was so cold then I became warm and that was it.

"Try not to move a lot, you need to rest." I heard Michael's voice and then I saw him approach my bed, holding a tray in his hands.

He walked over to me and placed it on the side table. He sat on the edge of the bed

"You need to eat." I was a little afraid of him... I had no idea why he saved me because he didn't love me, so when he tried to help me sit in bed, I jumped a little. I didn't want to do it but it just happened like a reflex. "What's wrong?" he asked and then I saw his eyes glisten with pain... well, I didn't want to hurt him.. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I just want to help you and make sure you eat." his words comforted me a little so I let him help me sit. He brought the food in front of me and I begun eating.

He watched me while I ate and when I finished, he said "You shouldn't have entered the forests. I told you it was dangerous."
"I'm sorry I just... " I couldn't tell him why I did what I did! "I... didn't wanna bother you..."
"Bother me?? And why didn't you stop when I told you to? Instead you went straight into the hedgerows! Look what they did to you!" he gently took my hand by the wrist and when I looked at it, I saw it was covered in wounds. "They like fresh, young flesh just like yours... if you had stayed any longer in them, the only thing that I was going to find left from you, would be your bones." okay that was scary!
"I'm sorry, Michael..." I felt guilty and stupid.
"Why did you run away?" his voice was very sad and it cracked.
"I... because we fought."
"Because of that? Only because we fought?" I nodded my head "You're laying to me..." yes, I was, but how was I going to tell him that I loved him beyond words??! "YN, look me in the eyes!" he ordered and I obeyed. "Have I ever tried to hurt you?" I shook in no "Have I ever lied to you?" I wasn't very sure about that.... "What's wrong? What made you act like this?" I decided to tell him the truth, besides, I didn't care anymore about my life if I couldn't spend it with him.
"You."
"Me?"
"You made me act like this... I kissed you and you got angry! I thought you l...."
"What??"
"Nothing.."
"Say it!"
"It's nothing, really."
"I wanna know! Say what's on your mind!" I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, looked at him and said
"I thought you loved me." his face became soft and his eyes wet.
"I do love you."
"You do?"
"Tell me one thing... would I have saved you if I didn't love you?" I opened my mouth to speak but then realized that he was actually right. Geez, I guessed I really was a big fool after all.
"But the way you acted and..." he sighed
"Forget about the way I acted... I'm really sorry about it. It's just that, I haven't loved a person in eternity and I've forgotten how to act." his voice was very sad "I don't know how to show you my feelings and what to do because I don't wanna hurt you, and that's exactly what I'm afraid of." his words made me feel as if my whole life got a new meaning!
"You can never hurt me, Michael!" I assured him.
"Don't be so sure. Shall I remind you of my true nature?"
"It doesn't matter with me! I'd still love you even if you were a monster!"
"I am a monster, YN!"
"I don't care"
"You should. Last night, when you were bleeding, I don't know how I managed to control myself!"
"And you've done a great job at it!"
"Yeah but what if I couldn't? What if I drunk you to death? What if I killed you?"
"I don't care! Kill me I don't care!" he kept staring at me for a few seconds, amazed by my words.
"Is this how much you love me?"
"More than this... I wanna stay with you forever! I love you and it hurt so much when I thought you didn't love me!"
"You should've asked me first..."
"I know but I was afraid and you were angry at me, so this added to my theory that you hated me!"
"I wasn't angry at you, YN, but at me and at the whole situations because you're a human, and you don't belong to me..."
"Really? I thought you were angry at me because I didn't tell you that I met Adamus and then I-"
"What?" he interrupted me and his face changed from soft to worried.
"You know.. when we were back home I met Adamus on the street. Don't you know about it? I thought you had found out and that got you very angry.."

He suddenly got up from the bed and took a few steps away from me.

His whole face and the way he moved changed completely after he heard the name Adamus. Why did he hate him so much?

"Are you okay, Michael?" I asked concerned.
"No, YN..." he softly replied "From now on nothing's gonna be okay.."

What was that supposed to mean??