NEW Ch. 7 The Human World

A whole week after Adamus' strange and unexpected visit has passed. You tried asking Michael about him twice but he would always change the topic, saying that Adamus was no one of importance to him or you. As for Gilbert, every time you'd ask him, the man would simply ignore you! You've been in this castle for almost a month now and Gilbert was still very cold and ignorant towards you.

However, it didn't really matter since the only person you desired to receive attention and love from, was Michael.

You had his attention every night but as for his love... you didn't know for sure, you could only dream about him loving you.

You couldn't help it but ask yourself... could vampires really fall in love, especially with humans?

Today you were leaving for your home town when the sun disappeared to see your father. Michael was really nervous since he hasn't been around people for many, many centuries. He knew how to act as a human to fool people but the sun bothered him. You, of course, promised to do whatever he wanted to make him feel safer in "the human world", besides, Gilbert was coming along too.

Werewolves didn't have any problems with the sun light so it was okay for Gilbert to openly walk the streets. He was also going to help Michael "conceal" his true nature. He even talked to you about it!

When Michael announced he was serious about going to your home and meeting your father, Gilbert joined dinner the same night and said he wanted to talk about the trip. The three of you sat around the table and had a long conversation about the human world. Gilbert expressed  his concerns over his master and you told him that you were ready to help and do whatever it took to support Gilbert in keeping Michael's secret safe.

Gilbert was very skeptical for he didn't have much faith in you but you were determined to prove him wrong and show him you were a good person with only good intentions towards Michael and him! You couldn't understand why Gilbert was so suspicious of you... maybe because he's been isolated from people for a very long time or maybe because of his werewolf nature... who knew! Anyhow, you didn't care about your relationship with Gilbert right now. The most important thing was to work in team with him so that everything would go smoothly.

Gilbert understood that and from what you sensed, he was willing to team up with you while being on this trip, for the sake of his master.

Your luggage was already packed and in the car. Michael's bottles of "special wine" were in the car too. Last night, he and Gilbert went hunting so as to satisfy their hungers before leaving the castle. You three had everything planned and there was nothing that could go wrong if you stuck to the plan.

The sun was already gone, meaning it was time for you to leave. With the speed that Michael and Gilbert could drive, you'd arrive there in no time but since it would look weird to "fly" with a car on the road, Michael arranged a private plane for the three of you. It was your very first time to be on a private plan! You were really exited but not only because of the plane, but also because you were going to see your father.   

"DAD!!" you yelled, running to him and jumped in his arms.
"Ohmy girrrl!" he held you really tightly "I've missed you so so much, baby! Let me have a look at you!"
"I've missed you too dad!"
"Oh my... here's my daughter in law! Come here, honey!" Jane hugged you. Damn, that witch was only pretending in front of your father! "I've missed you so much, YN and I'm so glad that you're here!"
"Me too. Dad," you turned to him "Let me introduce you... " Michael and Gilbert got out of the car "This is Michael!" you pointed at him.
"It's nice to meet you Mr. Dracula! Thank you for taking care of YN!" your father reached out his hand to shake with Michael. Michael, of course, shook hands with him but was wearing his gloves. He couldn't let people know how cold he is. You noticed how your father gave him a little weird look because of the gloves, since it was summer in LA and HOT!
"It's my pleasure Mr. YFN. May I introduce you to Gilbert."
"Hi, Mr. Gilbert, it's nice to meet you!"
"Nice to meet you too." he courteously bowed his head.
"He is my right hand." Michael explained and you noticed the weird look on your dad's face when Michael said right hand.
"Well, well Michael!" Jane begun "I'm so glad to see you here!"
"I am too, Jane." he sarcastically replied.
"Ok, then, why don't we all come in so you guys can get settled in?" your father proposed "I'm guessing you're all tired from the trip, so please..." he pointed at the door, inviting them.