Ch. 42 Cards

Enjoy!

YN's POV

I'd never felt more lonely in my life.

I couldn't even explain the pain that I had in my chest... I couldn't put it to words, it was that strong. I felt like my life was over. I really did! I missed Michael so much and the worst part was that I wasn't able to see even the tiniest sunray, which would be the sign of hope for a return to him. I wouldn't even leave my room. Sometimes I felt like it would be better if those vampires drank my blood. 

How did this happen? Why did it happen? Why did I have to suffer like that? 

Meier knocked on the door and I told him to come in. I knew it was him, because he was the only person to come see me since I wouldn't leave my room. 

"May I?" 
"Yes, come in." 

I promised to give him a chance and I did it only because he kind of pushed me, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings by saying no. 

But I had to admit... he was the only good thing about this world, because he looked like Michael and everything about him reminded me of Michael. So I felt like I was around Michael when I was around him. This was the only pleasure I had here in this world. 

"How are you doing today?" he asked with a gentle smile on his face. 
"Good." I lied "And you?"

"I'm always good when I see you!" he sat right in front of me on the bed "You know what..." he waited for me to ask.
"What?"
"Why don't we go out on a date?"
"I don't know..."
"C'mon, it's gonna be fun! You've been a prisoner in this room for such a long time! Let's go out, let's have some fun!"
"I don't think that's a good idea... I don't fit in this world, I'm different and I don't think the vampires like it when they see me around.." he giggled, which sounded exactly like Michael.
"Vampires here love  you! They haven't seen humans in centuries! So they find you pretty interesting. Let's go out for a walk!"

He managed to convince me to go out, so I changed clothes and we went out for a walk.

I was keeping my hands in my pockets since it was a little cold here, after all, there was no sun to warm up this planet. Meier was walking next to me and I could feel his eyes on me. That made me a little nervous. 

"So.." he cleared his throat "The sun is really hot, right?"
"Yeah..."
"I remember it... long time ago..." this felt awkward. Meier was trying to start a conversation with me, but found that hard, so I decided to help him. 
"Do you wanna go back?"
"There were many times in my life, in which I wanted to go back... but not anymore." I looked at him, not knowing what he meant, and our eyes met immediately, because he was looking at me all the time. 

Now I got what he was trying to say...

I quickly looked away.

"So you've gotten so used to this place! That's good." I tried to changed the subject, but then he said what I didn't want him to say.
"No, now I have you here..." I didn't say anything. "I know I'm being too pushy but.. I just can't control my feelings around you, YN. You changed my world! You warmed up my heart! I told you this before and I'm gonna say it again... I love you."

I hated it when he said that because I couldn't reply to his 'I love you'.

I remained silent, thinking about a way to change this conversation, which was useless because Meier suddenly took my hand in his and I had to stop walking.

He was cold, just like Michael.

He then pulled me back towards him and next thing I knew our bodies got glued together, his cold hand took my chin gently, and lifted it up, so that our eyes would meet.

I blushed immediately and tried to step backwards to free myself from him, but of course, he won't let me. 

"You're very beautiful..." he whispered against my face and brought his lips on mine for a gentle kiss.

Earth

Michael's POV

I was searching for that diamond everywhere but couldn't find it. All the vampires were searching with me but there was still no sign of the diamond! I was desperate! I didn't know what to do anymore or where to search! But I had to find it! It was the only way to bring back my YN! 

I decided to keep the witch in my castle until I found that diamond. She was like a little fox, so I thought it'd be best if she stayed here until everything returned back to normal. 

"Michael..." she walked over to me. I was sittig on the sofa, thinking.
"What." I showed her that I was annoyed and didn't want to talk.
"Why don't we ask the cards about your future?" she sat next to me on the sofa.
"You know I don't believe such things..."
"I know but.. this time is different! Maybe they could tell you where to search."

My eyes glistened with hope and I immediately agreed.

"Fine. Let's do it now." I ordered. 
"Very well." she was holding the cards in her hand and begun mixing them. After she was done with that she said "Take three cards and don't look at them, just place them on the table." I did as she said.
"Aren't we gonna look at them?" I asked.
"No, later. Put the them aside." I rolled my eyes and did as she said. She then begun spreading the cards down on the coffee table. "Now let's see what the cards will say about your future." 

She turned around all of the 10 cards which were on the table. They all had some different drawings on them that I didn't understand. 

"Dracula... " she begun "there will be a huge change in your life!" 
"What does that mean? I'm gonna find YN?"
"I don't know what it means... it just says change. It could be any change."
"This is stupid." I didn't like her answer.
"The cards won't tell you the exact future, Dracula! They will only give you hints! Now, let's see..." she kept looking at the cards. 
"What do they say about YN?"
"Look, you are in the middle of the cards.." she pointed me to one card. "You always get what you want and you will get it this time too..." her hand traveled over the cards as if she was following a certain path "but there is something dark here..."
"What does that mean?" I asked eager to know.
"The path ends here, turn around the three cards to see what they'll say!" I quickly did that and she looked at them but she kept looking for too long. 
"What do you see, woman?" I was so impatient. 
"I.. I don't know... I see a man and he..." she looked at me "he seems to be you but he's not you!"
"What...?"
 "It's very hard to read... I don't know what the cards are trying to say..."
"Well you better figure out!"
"Then I see a woman next to that man..."
"So that must be me and YN, right? We're going to be together! That's what the cards are saying!"
"It might be her... but that man... I can't read him. I've ever seen anything like that! How can he be you and not you at the same time?"
"What else do you see? Look at the third card! Do you see the diamond?" she looked at the cards, then at me. She looked again at the cards, then again back at me. 
"No."