Ch. 4 The Truth

"YOU DID WHAT!?" Dracula couldn't believe it.

"Count, it wasn't my fault! That girl is outrageous! I never imagined humans can be this evil! And let me remark, that it was all the painting of your sister's fault! She called her!" Gilbert crossed his hands.

"So the painting ha?" Dracula was being sarcastic.

"Yes, my Count! Your sister was calling her!"

"Really.."

"Yes."

"That means she wasn't in her room otherwise my sister wouldn't have been able to sense her presence in the castle and wouldn't have called her! I had her room completely cleansed with the special herbs, there could be no way that my sister would have known she was here if YN was in her room! Now Gilbert.... tell me how did that happen when I ordered you to watch her!"

"This human girl is very smart and evil my dear Count, she has managed to deceive me!" Dracula rolled his eyes.

"Evil? This helpless, weak, tender girl evil?"

"Yes, count, EVIL!" Dracula raised his eyebrow wondering how Gilbert could say this, when the only evil creatures around were him and Gilbert. But he couldn't blame him for saying that, after all, Gilbert has spent so many centuries isolated from the human race.

"Whatever."

"Just whatever, count? What if she touched the painting.. she would have known about you and-"

"She will find out eventually!" Dracula raised his voice.

"Are you serious? Do you mean it's ok if she knew?"

"Yes."

"Well, you're right... after all, she'll leave this place dead so it doesn't matter if she knows about us." Dracula didn't reply. "Count? Am I right?" no answer again. "Don't tell me we're not killing her!"

"We're not..." Gilbert didn't believe him.

"Count, look me in the eyes!" he did "Oh no... we're not killing her, are we?"

"No, Gilbert. We're not killing anyone this time.."

"But Count.. why?" Gilbert was disappointed.

"Oh Gilbert.. aren't you tired of killing humans!"

"No."

"Well, I am! I'm also tired of living here... with you! All you're interested in is murdering. I've spent 2000 years behind those walls alone it's time I've changed my life! And besides, YN is a very pleasant human. I have the feeling fate sent her to me.."

"Oh heavens..."

"You should give her a chance!"

"But Count, every morning when she sees me, she has the weirdest look on her face.. she, she doesn't like me and-"

"Of course she will look at you in that way, Gilbert! You're sniffing around her room every morning, what do you expect!"

"But-"

"That is weird to humans, they like privacy, and on top of it, you growl at her! I've told you many times, humans don't growl so you shouldn't do it!" he growled "See what I mean! You have to control your werewolf instincts!"

"When you say werewolf..."

"What?"

"She might have seen me.."

"WHAT?"

"When the wolves attacked me, they ripped off a piece of my clothes, my claws were visible too. But I gave her from the powder so I suppose everything will be a blur to her." the Count sighed.