Ch. 15 Bad Luck

Your POV

I was running as fast as I could because I wanted to leave this castle once and for all!

Tonight I crashed into reality and realized that he didn't love me. It broke my heart but it was all my fault... what was I even thinking??! That a man like Dracula could love a simple girl like me? That he really wanted me to be with him!? I was such a fool. Besides, he could have stopped me thousands  times by now as I was sure he had already sensed my absence from his home. Vampires' senses were even stronger than those of cats and dogs put together.

Gilbert could have sensed me too with his dog nose. However, Dracula didn't want me to stay there anymore. As a matter of fact, I should be happy that he didn't kill me. Maybe that was his plan from the beginning but something must have probably gone wrong, so he decided to just let me go.

I didn't even know how I managed to think while running so fast. I had left the castle and was entering the forests. I needed to run forward only and soon I was going to find myself on that road and from there, everything was going to be fine.

The silver moon was the only light in this creepy, God forsaken forest, although it barely managed to penetrate through the thick brunches of the high trees. The leaves rustled as I was passing through, I even got the feeling that... and I know this would sound weird but it actually seemed to me as if this place was....

alive.

It was like the trees knew where I was and where I was going next, so they moved their brunches and rustled their big leaves, predicting my moves.

The forest suddenly got thicker as I entered a part with hedgerows.

Now it got really hard to move forward for they were extremely thick and had huge thorns. I tried to continue but stopped when I felt the thorns scratching my sensitiv skin on my arms and legs. I was standing there in despair and it got even worse when I heard his voice out of the nowhere.

"Better head back. You can't go through the hedgerows." I turned around to see Dracula standing calmly in the distance behind me, dressed in his long, black coat.

" I turned around to see Dracula standing calmly in the distance behind me, dressed in his long, black coat

His eyes shone in the darkness just like the ones of a cat. I shivered in fear at the thought that he had come after me to... k-kill me and drink my... b-blood.

What was I going to do now?

The hedgerows in front of me were going to tear my flesh apart and the vampire behind me, whom I was madly in love with, was going to drink my blood and give my flesh to his servant, the werewolf.

I think I preferred the thorns, so without thinking about it twice, I dived into the living thorns.

"What are you doing!! Are you insane!??" he yelled after me, but I ignored him.