Ch. 17 Adamus' game

Happy birthday, Daddy!! :*

Author's POV, Washington

"Dear friends..." Adamus begin by proudly standing up in front of everyone with his back perfectly straight. "I have gathered you here today to discus one extremely important topic." he had gathered all the important vampires from their society - the eldest ones.

"I only hope, Adamus, we won't regret our time, I came all the way from England and I hope it wasn't to listen to your nonsense." Frank expressed his concerns for he, and not only he but all the other vampires, knew how much Adamus liked to cause riots. If there was a chaos, just look for Adamus.

"No my dear, Frank, what I want to share with you will change our world forever." he said with a smirk on his face. The vampires looked at each other in disbelief, wondering what this important topic was.

Adamus and important topics or responsibilities was not a good combination.

"My friend is very right." Marion supported him "This will change vampirism indeed."

"And it has something to do with the one and only..." he made a pause to look at Marion with an evil grin on his face "Dracula." it seemed only the name of the eldest of the eldest was enough to make everybody in the room shiver.

"What about him?" the vampires begun asking.

"Dear vampires.." Adamus raised his voice as he was about to announce what he had been waiting for to announce ever since he saw that little girl with Dracula "our dear father, the count, the creator of all us, the root of vampirism had committed a very serious crime!"

"How dare talk like this, Adamus! Don't you have respect for the father! If it wasn't for him, you wouldn't be standing here today!"

"Oh Frank, I do respect him but I don't think he respects his children anymore..."

"What do you mean!? Talk!" other vampires insisted to know, annoyed by the fact that a much younger vampire was talking badly of their beloved king.

"He has violated the very first law of our sanctuary book." he felt pure pleasure at the words he was about to say next "He has fallen in love with a human."

Everybody stood up.

"What are you saying you young fool??!" Frank scolded him "How dare talk like this about the one that created the book! Is this some kind of game of yours again?!"
"Young vampires have zero respect for the older nowadays!" they all begun talking at each other, discussing Adamus' wild words until
"It's true!" Marion rose his voice to gather their attention and everybody looked at him with mouths wide open.

Unlike Adamus, Marion had a good reputation, therefore, the vampires started to actually believe in all this.

"Marion! Are you sure?"
"I saw it with my own eyes..." he replied.
"I told you!" Adamus jumped in "But you won't believe me! I wonder why..."
"Maybe because there's a reason, don't you think so, Mr. party animal??" Marion whispered to him.
"Heyy!!! I just like to live my life."
"I want to know all about this! I want a proof!" the vampires begun saying.
"Adamus was the one to find out about his affair with the human, so I think he should speak first.."
"You're very right, Marion! Well, one day I decided to visit Dracula in his castle and when I went there he had been out hunting, but... his beautiful, human girl welcomed me in the castle! She had no signs of being his food, no fang marks, absolutely nothing...."
"So what!!?? He might have killed her after you had left!" Frank said.
"No my dear Frank, I wished he did but he didn't. He returned and protected her as if she was a part of him! That's how I begun suspecting things... beside, I could tell in her human eyes that she was all over him! Then I contacted my dear pal Marion and we decided to check things for ourselves." Marion kept nodding his head in support "However, when we returned to the castle, there was no sign of the love birds. To our luck, they had left soon and we could still trace them."
"Very correct. Her scent led us to the town where they were. Adamus came up with a plan to determine for sure whether or not our suspicions were correct."
"And they were! I met the girl, I talked to her, she is in love with him and he is in love with her! Gilbert, Dracula's first pal, is also in it."

Everybody slowly and silently sat back down in their sits. After a few minutes of silence

"We have to find out if this really is true and then decided what to do." Frank suggested.
"It's true, Frank." Marion assured him.
"I need to see it with my own eyes. I know Dracula well and I just can't imagine him disobeying the laws that he created... My mind can't accept the idea of him threatening our kind by mixing with a human."
"Well, what can I tell you, I think he's grown very bored from all those years and now he's seeking adventures!"
"It's not funny Adamus!" one of the vampires scolded him.
"Fine, fine... but once you see I was right, you're all gonna apologize to me!"
"So what are we going to do now?" Marion said.
"I shall go to his castle and meet this human myself."

A big, evil smile spread across Adamus' face for he knew that this was the end of Dracula's reign.

YN's POV

"From now on nothing's gonna be okay, YN..."
"What do you mean?" he looked so concerned that I just couldn't stand it but slowly got up from bed, enduring the pain and walked over to him. "Michael, what are you talking about? Please tell me?"
"It's very complicated YN and I don't know how to tell you but we need to think of a way to protect you!" he spun around, looked at me and placed his hands on my shoulders then slowly run them down my arms "If something happens to you, I would NEVER forgive myself!!"
"I really don't understand... tell me!" he caressed my check and said
"Put some clothes on. We need to get Gilbert and the three of us must have a serious talk about your safety, love..."

His words made me feel the most loved woman in this world but also sent shivers of fear down my spine.