Ch. 33 Earth

Gilbert's POV

My wound was so deep and painful that it made me whine and growl. I managed to open my eyes and the first thing I did was look at the rocket which was... gone! Now I remembered! Adamus got in and we started fighting, then he stabbed me and YN was there too and... they went off to the city of night without the master.

The master! Where is my master!!??

I managed to lift up my head and look around to only find the vampires standing there around a circle petrified. Between their legs I could see someone laying. I sniffed the air and sensed the count.

The count was laying on the ground and wasn't moving!! What was going on?

I had to get up now and run to him, but first I needed to transform back to human!

I used my last strength to return to my human form and it happened slower than usual, because of the wound and the pain it was causing. However, when I became a human again, I stood on my two feet and holding my wound with my left hand, I started running towards the count as fast as I could.

"COUNT!!" I screamed and got everybody's attention as they turned around and looked at me. "COUNT!" I saw him laying on the ground with eyes closed and motionless. "Count, what are you doing?" I got on my knees in front of him and shook him gently "Count!??? Count??"
"It's useless, Gilbert." Marcus said "He's unconscious."
"What do you mean he's unconscious?!! The count can't be unconscious!!" I yelled.
"It's all our fault..." one of the elders said. I looked at the vampires around my count and they looked sad and sorry for what they have done "He fell into deep slumber, because of the huge pain he endured when YN left. His mind got shut off. I can't believe we did this to our father... the one who created us."
"No..." I whispered "Count, please, you have to wake up!"
"He can't hear you, Gilbert, and maybe it's better if he sleeps. We don't even know if YN's alive right now. Or if the city of night still exists!"
"Even if it does exist, the vampires there haven't tasted human blood in ages! There is no way she'll survive! So let him sleep..."
"No... what have we done.." I whispered "We have to wake him up and find a way to get to the city of night!"
"This is impossible and you know it, Gilbert! The only thing we can do is take him home to his castle and let him sleep! We can't wake him up anyway no matter what we do... We didn't know he loved that girl to the point that his mind got shut off!"
"Oh count..." I could feel tears in my eyes "I failed to protect YN as you had ordered me... I am no Gilbert without you! Through all those ages you were my teacher and showed me how to control the beast within me! What am I gonna do now all alone?!"
"We all want the count back, Gilbert!"

I could see the vampires regretted their actions deeply and wished they never did what they did to YN and the count, but it was too late now.

I had to do something.

"Let's take his body and carefully return him to the castle..." they suggested.

But I wasn't gonna let things be the way they were. Once I regained my strength and the wound disappeared, I was going to start looking for ways to wake up the count and get to the city of night.

And if that slime Adamus allowed YN to be hurt, I was going to divide his body until only dust was left.