Ch. 2 Castle

"I bid you welcome to my home, Miss YN." then slowly and in a courtly way extended his left arm, giving you a welcome sign to step in the hall. You noticed he was wearing black gloves too. His voice was both soft and heavy at the same time but it sounded like music. For a moment you forgot your name but, luckily, managed to quickly get back to earth. You bowed too and said

"Thank you... Mr. Dracula?" it was probably stupid to ask that but you just couldn't believe that a person like him can possibly be connected to witch Jane.

"I am Dracula. Please come in, I believe your skin is sensitive to the cold outside."

"Thank you, yes it is..." what kind of question was that!? Shouldn't people say something like 'it's cold outside' or 'you're cold'...

Anyway, you entered the hall and the gates closed behind you. You ignored the fact that they closed on their own just as they opened alone for you were absolutely amazed by the beauty of this hall and castle. It was decorated even better then Versailles or the Buckingham palace... what were you even thinking! Those two couldn't be compared to Mr. Dracula's castle which made you immediately wonder how rich must he be? What kind of a man can afford all this? And how was he a count? Those were the questions that haunted you! Well, there was more too, for instance, how many floors were there in this castle, or how many rooms, or how exactly was Mr. Dracula connected to Jane, and what about that strange driver? Oh and how did you end up in a forest and how can it be this cold in Los Angeles? Why weren't there other houses, neighbors, around? And last but not least, was Mr. Dracula single and how old was he?

You got a little embarrassed that you thought about him in this way but... he was soooo handsome you couldn't help it! And besides, you just wanted to know, you were curious because if he had been married, shouldn't his wife be with him right now too?

He looked young like in his 30s? You were gonna spend the whole summer with him so you'd probably get a chance to ask him eventually.

"Follow me." he said, turned around and headed somewhere so you followed.

While walking behind him there was no way for your eyes to not be glued on him... the distance between you was big but you could still get a nice view of him. His slim, tall, statue-like body that was moving in a very elegant and courtly way, his long legs were taking what would seem as huge steps in comparison to you.

No one said a single word but only the sound of your shoes ringing on the stone floor could be heard, echoing in the enormous hall. After passing through a few rooms or rather halls because the rooms of this castle were all very big and after what seemed to you like 15 minutes, you finally reached the destination which was the dining room.

You saw extremely long table for like 50 people in front of you. It was spread for supper and the room was well-lit with many candles. You were very happy to see there was a fireplace too!

"Please, have a seat!" he motioned you to sit on the chair that was the closest to the fire. "I figured you'd want to be as close to the fire as possible. Humans.. I mean, we people, like the warmness, don't we?" he smirked.

"Yes. It is so cold in this area... I'm glad you have a fireplace." you walked over to sit and he pulled the chair for you. Such a gentleman you thought.

"Of course I do! And I knew you were coming so I ordered it especially for you."

"Thank you very much.." oh wait does that mean... "Specially for me?"

"Yes."

"Does that mean you don't heat up this place at all?"

"Yes."