Ch. 26 Off to the city of night

Our very first stop was my father's house.

I got to spend a few hours with him and my heart tore apart when I had to lie to him that me and Michael were going to a summer camp, and not to a vampire city off our planet, from which there was no returning back.

But as they say, mine was a white lie. The truth would have hurt so much, besides, I couldn't let anybody know about the existence of vampires. As Michael's future wife, I had to follow the rules of his kind.

After we left my house, or should I say my ex house, we made our way to the airport, where Michael's private jet and pilot were waiting for us to get on board.

Michael covered his body very well with clothes so that it would stay protected from the sun. He was also wearing a big fedora to cover his sensitive skin on the face, sun glasses and a light shall to keep his neck protected as well. He was also wearing gloves and kept his hands in the pockets of his pants. As we were walking towards the plane, he suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I noticed him looking around as if he was trying to smell the air.
"There's something odd here..." I begun looking around because I got scared. There were bad vampires trying to kill us, after all.
"Everything looks fine to me... it's probably all up in your mind, Michael. Let's get on the plane!" I grabbed his hand and we continued walking, but after a few more steps, he stopped again.

"We're not alone." he whispered. "They're here. I can smell them."

My blood turned into ice.

"B-But I don't see an-nyb-body!" I said just to calm myself down.
"Do you see the forest in the distance?" he whispered. "It's where they're hiding, behind the trees... "
"Are they gonna a-attack?"
"I don't think so. There are many people here, I doubt they want to be seen. Get on the plane now! We have to leave now!"

We quickly got on the plane and Michael told the pilot to lock every door and window on the plane which could be opened. The pilots gave him an awkward look, but did as he commanded. Soon after we received a permission, we took off to Germany.

Michael assured me the vampires couldn't attack us on the plane, since it was very hard to protrude and their powers, no matter how well they covered themselves from the sun, weren't at their peak while it was shining.

His words made me feel a lot better and I was able to calm down and relax.

"Our next stop will be Germany, my love. From there, we will be very close to Romania and once we reach my friend's castle, nothing shall stop us!" he said while gently squeezing my hand "Now I want you to relax and don't worry about a single thing! Leave all the problems to me."
"I love you so much..." I whispered to him and placed my head on his shoulder to rest.