Ch. 38 Wake up

Sorry it took me so long to update, but I was in an exam session and had zero time :(

Gilbert's POV

Although I hadn't fully recovered yet, I quickly unburied myself from the dirt and scurried inside of the castle to see what was going on.

My master had awaken from his deep slumber and I couldn't figure out how? What happened to make him open his eyes? We tried everything, but nothing worked... what made him stand up again?

I scurried up into his room and when I stood in front of the door I hesitated for a second for I didn't know what I'd find inside, but then I entered slowly.

"Count?"

I went up to where he slept and to my surprise, I found him standing in front of the big window, staring outside in the distance. His back was facing me.

"Count?" I spoke again.
"Gilbert," his voice was calm which scared me "it's time to call all the vampires for a meeting." why would he say that? Wasn't he going to ask me about YN??!
"But, count, why? There's no need for a mee-"
"There is. Now go." he commanded.
"Yes..."

What was going on with him? Did he even know about YN? But if he didn't, he would have asked her to come, right? I didn't know what was going on in his head and this scared me.

YN's POV

I run back to Meier's castle with the diamond hidden inside of my coat. I didn't even know why I took it, but the woman gave it to me... why? Why did she want me to have the diamond? I couldn't understand... maybe I had to talk to Meier Link about it, but what if I had done wrong and he scolded me?

Should I tell him or not?

Buried in my thoughts I hadn't even realized when I got to the castle. I entered it and made sure to go to my room without anybody at the party noticing me.

When I got inside of my room, I took the blue diamond out of my coat and examined it.

It was really beautiful, sparkly and enchanting. I wondered whom it belonged to before? Maybe to that woman? Maybe she was alive many years ago and something bad must have happened to her to turn her into stone. A moving stone to be more precise.

KNOCK KNOCK

I quickly hid the diamond under my coat again as I heard someone knock at the door.

"Come in!" Adamus entered. "You..."
"Why so disappointed, dear?" he closed the door behind him "Aren't you happy to see me?" I rolled my eyes.
"Nope." and replied.
"Ouch."
"What do you want?"
"I didn't see you at the party. Why did you leave? You're missing out the fun!" he grinned.
"What fun! There'll never be fun for me at this planet."
"Oh come one! Meier Link's here and I'm sure he's great company!" I pretended I hadn't heard him "He seemed to be looking for you... you should come join us, don't make the poor man sad, sugar!"
"He's not looking for me and he's not sad! Your imagination is just too big. You should really find something to keep yourself busy with so that you won't have time for stupid thoughts like this one!"
"No thanks, but I did notice something else too..."
"I don't want to know what."
"The look on Meier's face... I got the feeling something must have happened between the two of you." I froze when I heard his words "Something.. I don't know.. romantic!" he grinned again.
"You're out of your mind!" I quickly lied. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I want to rest!" I pointed at the door.
"Let me just say that I completely approve of you and Meier!"
"What!? You're crazy!"
"He's the leader here, sugar! The best party for you." I sighed.
"I see you don't know anything about love, Adamus..." I said "And you never will. Now good night." I decided to simply ignore him. There was no use in talking to him, he was Adamus and would never change. Thank God he didn't talk anymore, but simply left.

I took the diamond out again to look at it. It was so sparkly and beautiful that it felt like a magnet and I couldn't stop touching it and staring at it. It reminded of Michael too.

My love. I wondered what was he doing right now? Was he thinking about me? Did he miss me?

Gilbert's POV

I needed a few hours to find all the vampires, inform them about Michael and tell them to come to the castle immediately. They also, just like me, wondered why would Michael call a meeting and wouldn't ask for YN first or how did he wake up just like that.

When we arrived, I left them waiting in the huge living room and headed upstairs to inform Michael, but just as I was about to head there, I saw him coming down the stairs, dressed in a royal red with gold. 

We all bowed down to honor him as soon as we saw him come.

"Good evening, children." he said. I walked over to him and stood there, waiting to hear what my master had to say.
"Michael, you're awake!" one vampire said.
"I know that." Michael replied "And don't try to shower me with compliments or ask me how I am, because this is not the reason I called you here." he was sharp.
"We wonder what the reason is for such a sudden meeting! We haven't had a meeting like this in quite some centuries!"
"I'll tell you very nice and clear what the reason is..." Michael begun "You shall find a way to bring YN back from the city of night or take me there." everybody's jaws dropped for we knew this was impossible!
"Dracula I-" one tried to speak up, but Michael quickly cut him off.
"If not, I will chase and kill each vampire on this planet, and end the existence of vampires once and for all." everyone stepped back in amazement and fear for we all knew the count's words were the law and when he said something, he did it "If you can't give me what I want, then you'll pay with your lives. I give you precisely three days."
"Michael, you know this is impossible!" one spoke up.
"How dare you talk back at me!" the count raised his hand up and the vampire was up in the air, then thrown against the wall with great strength. "You all turned against me when I decided to join my life with YN. If you had just stayed out of my business, YN would have been with me right now! You should thank me that I won't kill you immediately, but give you a chance to undo what you've done. You heard everything I had to say, now go and if you dare to talk back at me or disobey, I might start killing you now!"

The vampires got scared and decided it'd be better if they didn't argue with Michael, but leave and try to come up with something to get YN back.

However, when they left, I had to talk to the count.

"Count, you want something impossible from them!"
"I don't care, Gilbert... If I'm not with YN, I don't care about anything in this world."
"But count-"
"I've made a decision. If they don't find a way to bring YN back in 3 days, I'll wipe all the vampires from the face of the earth for good and then take my life too.
"AHH COUNT!"
"Don't try to talk me out of it, Gilbert for I have decided. I've spent enough years on this planet and all lonely. Now that I've found love for the first time, I refuse to live if without her." I couldn't believe my ears and didn't know what to say for I could see he had clearly decided everything already.
"Whatever you want, count, I'll help you."
"Thank you, Gilbert. It's an honor to have a friend like you."
"May I ask something?"
"Yes."
"Allow me to go look for a way to bring YN back, too. I'll do my best, count."
"You have it, but first we should look at the old books in my library and maybe we could find something to get us started... I only hope my YN is well..."