Ch. 46 Meier's wife

"Meier and YN got married!" Adamus said and Michael's face changed completely. It became cold.
"Adamus, don't talk nonsense, or I'll kill you right now." Michael replied with a very scary voice. "He's telling the truth, brother." Meier said "YN is my wife."

Michael's POV

The words that came out of my own brother's mouth made my blood boil! I didn't believe them at first but when I looked at YN and Meier, and paid attention to what they were wearing, I knew right away that their wedding was very real, and it must had taken place right before they got here.

I hadn't noticed when I first saw YN a minute ago that she was wearing the traditional vampire marriage gown in red, the one that she was supposed to wear on our wedding.

In this moment, my body froze with pain and sadness.

I couldn't understand why the love of my life would marry another man and on top of it my own brother? Didn't she love me? Or did she stop loving me once she went to the city of night and met Meier? Did she fall in love with him while I was living in agony here because of her absence?

Right now I wanted to scream as loud as I could for the joy of finding out that my brother was alive suddenly got replaced with the urge to kill him right here and right now in front of everybody! But then again... there was YN. She married Meier, that meant she loved him. How could I kill the man she loved? How could I hurt YN like this?

No matter what she did to me and no matter how she betrayed me, I could never hurt her. My love for her was too strong.

I could feel my eyes becoming wet and the tears were ready to fall down, so I averted my eyes away from the newly wed couple and hid my face.

"Let's go inside the castle." I changed the topic immediately so that I won't start crying in front of everyone. "The vampires from the city of night aren't adapted to the life we vampires know on earth. C'mon." they all followed me inside the castle and I tried not to think about YN walking next to my brother as his wife.

"Michael.." Gilbert whispered to me when nobody was watching "what does that mean? YN and Meier Link?"
"I don't know, Gilbert, I don't know..."

We got inside the castle.

"Dracula, we need to talk." one of the elderlies said to me. The last thing I wanted to do now was talk.
"Of course." I replied.
"Meier Link, you must join us too."
"Very well." he replied "But first I want to make sure that there is a room for YN." I saw him place his hand on her shoulder, which made me furious! "She's human and she's tired from all this travelling. She needs to rest."
"I'm fine!" YN replied.
"Meier is right!" the elderly said "You're our queen now and we must look after your health. Humans are quite fragile, are they not? Maybe Gilbert could take YN and all the others upstairs to rest?" I gave an 'yes' sign to Gilbert and he said
"Follow me!"

I watched as YN turned around but looked at me, so our eyes met. How could she marry another man?! How could she do it to me?

"Michael!"
"Yes?"
"Aren't you listening?" Victor said. 
"I am."
"There are many vampires still at the city! We must return for them as soon as possible!" I nodded, trying to not look at Meier. 
"Of course, but once they get here, they'll have to stay away from the human world until they have adapted to it. I'm afraid that the thought of having human blood everywhere would drive them crazy and they'll start killing..."
"We can't let that happen!" Victor said "Me and Meier will certainly take care of that." I nodded "It's decided then. Me, Meier, Adamus and the other elderlies will return to the city with the rocket for the others!"
"Wow wow wow!" Adamus jumped in "What makes you think I wanna go back?"
"I can't leave YN!" Meier also protested. "We just got married, forgot?"

I only wondered... did Meier know about me and YN? Does he know I love her? Does he know we were going to get married? Or maybe YN hasn't told him anything...

"I think the elderlies should go!" Meier said "And Michael too. After all, he's the oldest of our kind, right?"
"I am not going anywhere." I quickly replied. "I have to stay here and look after the vampires... make sure no one gets hurt."
"They are all good vampires! Let's not forget the time they all spend with YN at the city and none of them even touched her!" I hated to hear Meier say YN's name! And I hated it that he reminded me of YN being with him at the city of night!
"There is always first time!" I replied with an attitude. Meier opened his mouth to speak, but Victor interrupted
"If we keep fighting, we'll get to nowhere!" he said "I'll go with the rest of the elderlies and count, maybe you can send Gilbert with us instead of you and Meier?" I looked at Gilbert, who quickly agreed with his eyes and I said
"Fine. It's decided."

Now it was going to be me, YN and her... h-husband.

"Also" Victor continued "I think it'd be best if the vampires went to your castle, Dracula. It will be safer for them..."
"Yes." I said "We'll travel in smaller groups. It will be too dificult and dangerous to travel with all the vampires at once."
"Fine. It's decided." Victor replied "You and Meier should lead the first group. Then one of you should stay there to guard the vampires and the other one should return here for the second group. By that time me and Gilbert will be here too to help." I nodded in agreement but hated the idea of working together with my brother.
"We're in Romania... It's going to be very difficult for YN to travel with us." Meier said her name again and I had to squeeze my hands into fists to hold my anger. "We must think of a way to-"
"Don't worry, Meier," Adamus jumped in "I can travel with her by plane." he grinned.
"NO!" me and Meier said at the same time and everybody focused their eyes on us.
"Would you look at this... both brothers are very worried about YN. The husband" he pointed at Meier "and the brother-in-law." he pointed at me and said those things to intentionally hurt me. How I wanted to kill him right now.. "But don't worry I won't do anything to her! After all, she's my queen right now, is she not, Michael?" how I hated that guy...
"He's right!" Victor said "He should travel with her first thing tomorrow!"
"But-" Meier tried to protest and Victor cut him off
"He's not going to hurt her! Besides, he should finally make himself usefull.. Adamus and YN leave first thing in the morning and after them, Michael, Meier and the vampires."

I was so happy to finally see YN returning to where she belonged! I was overflowing with joy at the thought of making her my wife and now... now the only thing I wanted to do was set my brother on fire and let him burn to ashes...

But I couldn't...

Because killing him would mean hurting the love of my life.

YN's father POV

"Is that it?" he asked his wife, looking at the enourmosly big castle in front of him.
"Yes, it's Michael's... house."
"You call this a house!? This is even bigger than a castle! How rich is that guy?"
"Very..."
"You've never told me!" his wife opened her mouth to speak but he won't let her "Anyway, let's hurry and go inside now. I want to see my girl!"