Ch. 36

The middle of the ball room got cleared up as everyone moved backwards creating a circle in the middle for Meier Link and YN to dance. Adamus pushed Meier Link forward in the middle of the circle and now there was no turning back.

Meier Link and YN's eyes met for a second and YN felt a few hands on her back which pushed her forward in the circle towards Meier Link. Now the two of them were in the middle of attention and everyone waited for them to open the ball with a dance.

The music started playing, filling the whole room with a beautiful melody of a slow, love song and everybody waited for Meier Link and YN to start dancing.

Meier Link nervously cleared his throat and extended his right hand as he bowed before YN to courtly ask her for permission to dance with her. She didn't want to dance, but couldn't get out of this situation that Adamus put her in. She was sure he did it on purpose just to upset her!

She took Meier Link's hand, then he rose up to reveal his full height in front of her... he was as tall as Michael... and slim too. They looked alike a lot.

Meier Link pulled her towards him slowly and placed his hand on her waist. YN placed her hand on his shoulder and they started dancing to the song with everybody clapping.

He was looking into her eyes, but YN felt too nervous and kept looking around the room, trying to escape his gaze.

Thankfully, this didn't last very long as the rest of the vampires started dancing with their partners too, at least YN and Meier Link weren't being stared at now.

YN was thinking of a way to escape, but since they were still in the middle of the dance floor, it was a little hard...

"So.." Meier Link cleared his throat, trying to start a conversation for the sake of his own nervousness "Do you like the ball?"
"It just started..."
"Oh yes, right!" he looked away as he felt embarrassed because of his stupid words. However, he couldn't keep his eyes off YN for a long time, so he looked back at her "You're warm..."
"And you're cold!" YN replied.
"Well, I'm almost dead!"
"And I'm completely alive!" they both laughed awkwardly.

Silence followed again for they didn't know what to say to each other during this awkward moment. YN was looking around uncomfortably in Meier Link's arms with Michael on her mind...

Soon the song ended and YN removed herself from Meier Link, who was still looking at her. She simply turned around and started leaving the dance floor when suddenly bumped into Adamus.

Adamus quickly grabbed her hands and spun her so, that they were in a dancing position just when the next song started.

"Shouldn't you have asked me first?" YN said.
"Excuse me?"
"If I wanted to dance with you! Like normal people do, Adamus!!"
"Oh that! Well, let's not forget I'm not a person!" he grinned.
"And not normal.." she whispered.
"Excuse me?"
"Nothing!" but she was sure he heard her.
"I'm a great dancer, am I not, YN?" he grinned. He did dance good, but didn't deserve any compliments.
"I don't know." YN replied, looking away.
"Do you like the ball?"
"Yes..." she said boringly, without even thinking about it. As if she would think about entertainment when Michael was away. She only came for Meier Link and the vampires.
"Do you like Meier Link?" it took her a few seconds to process his sentence, she even thought at first she hadn't heard correctly.
"Excuse me?!!" she tried to push him away, but Adamus quickly pulled her back towards him and they continued dancing.
"Stop doing that! We'll look suspicious!"
"And you stop with the stupid questions! You're such a devil!"
"You are right about the second part, but my questions are never stupid, dear. Will you answer me?" he smiled devilishly.
"You know very well that the only man I love is Michael! And this is gonna be forever! Meier Link is his brother for goodness sake! How can you be saying such crazy things!"
"But Michael is far away and we don't know if we'll be able to return someday. Moreover, Meier Link seems to be very fond of you." he cleared his throat "Haven't you noticed the way he's been looking at you from the moment we came here." he whispered in her ear.
"No, I haven't. Because there's nothing to notice, Adamus."
"You are very wrong, sugar. Listen to me, old Adamus knows best!"
"The only thing you know best is how to start trouble. Now, excuse me." YN pushed him away and left the dance floor. Finally, she got rid of Adamus and his stupidity. How could he be saying such things!? But that was Adamus and anything could be expected from him.

YN decided to slowly make her way to the bedroom. She didn't like this ball and didn't feel very comfortable among so many vampires, after all, it was her first time. She was looking around to find the fastest way to the stairs when her eyes suddenly stopped at Meier Link.

He was looking at her and as soon as he saw YN looking at him, he averted his eyes and headed towards the table with the drinks.

YN thought that was weird and got reminded of Adamus' words. Could he be right? She thought for a minute... But that was impossible! Meier Link was looking, because he hadn't seen humans in ages! So he was interested in the way a human looked like. Nothing more, nothing less.

She shook her head to kind of forget about Adamus' words and scurried to her room.

She closed the door behind her and took a deep breath which wasn't enough, so she went out on the balcony to breathe fresh air.

The air on this planet was so fresh and pure, nothing like the one on earth. Of course, this was because only vampires lived here and they didn't need all that crazy technology which causes pollution! It was funny how simple vampires lived here.

YN stared at the horizon which was nothing but a dark line.

The night sky looked endless and the stars sparkled like diamonds. She loved them, but had started missing the sun too. Its warmth on her skin, its bright yellow color and simply the word which always came with sun - 'summer'. Although, if Michael was here with her, this place would be perfect! She didn't need the sun if she had her favorite man! Then she got reminded of her father... how was he? What was he doing right now? Did he miss her? She sure missed him a lot.

"YN.." she heard Meier Link's voice and turned around. He was standing next to the balcony door. "I knocked, but you didn't answer, so I decided to just come in. I hope it's okay with you?" she preferred to be alone with Michael's image on her mind, but couldn't say that to Meier and be rude.
"It's okay, of course! Come in!" he walked over to where she was standing.
"I saw you left the party so suddenly..." he was examining her face as they were talking and couldn't stop looking at her. "Is everything okay?"
"Yes it is!" she lied "I just got a little tired. People get tired easily..."
"I see."
"You should return to the party, after all you're the host."
"To tell you truth.. I got a little bored there. I prefer spending my time talking to you." YN turned her head to look at him and he gave her a warm smile, just like Michael. She heard Adamus' words once again in her mind while looking at Meier, which send shivers down her spine... what if Adamus was actually right? But this was impossible! Meier was Michael's brother and she was just a human! There were so many vampire women for Meier Link to choose from! He couldn't be interested in YN!? "YN.." he whispered her name and she suddenly returned back to reality "do you also like spending your time with me?" for a moment his eyes sparkled like the stars on the sky and YN felt petrified "YN... are you gonna answer me?"