1

*6 months after the Singularity*

I was in Oasis with Jake rehearsing for our performance from a few weeks from now. I haven't been Hummingbird since we took down Wells, or should I say Eobard Thawne. I would help Barry out there, but Barry hid my suit. After the Singularity incident, Barry didn't consider himself a hero for taking the Singularity out. He said that Ronnie and Eddie were the true heroes, not him. There were also speedy repairs of local businesses around the city and I knew that was Barry. "Earth to Tori! Are you there?" I hear Jake say and I snap out of my thoughts turning to face him. "Yeah. Sorry. I was just thinking." I say running my hand through my hair. "Where were we?" I ask him as I sit on the piano bench next to him. "I think we were on the chorus." he says and I nod as I put my hands on the keys and play them as I sing. "Take it from the top?" he asks and I nod at him. After rehearsal, I went to CCPD to check on my boyfriend. I walk over to Joe and he looks at me with a smile. "Hey, Tori." Joe says and I hug him. "Hey, Joe. I was wondering if Barry was here." I say, but he just sighs. "I'm guessing he's not here." I say and Joe nods.

I look at the TV to see that they were talking about Flash Day tomorrow. "Joe, where are we at with the murder at the nuclear plant? Ms. Gomez." Captain Singh says walking up to us and I wave. "Barry's still analyzing the evidence but there was definitely something weird." Joe responds and I look at him. "Metahuman?" I ask him telepathically. During the six months, I've actually trained with my telepathic powers on Barry whenever he'd be asleep. It's best when he's sleeping because he doesn't feel me probing into his mind. "Yup." Joe responds in the same way and I bite my lip. "Yeah, which is why I let you have that anti-metahuman task force. Speaking of which, where is your scientific advisor?" Singh asks and that's when I hear Cisco. "Fear the beard!" Cisco says and I try to hold in a laugh so I wouldn't be glared at like Cisco was. "It's a very distinguished look, sir." Cisco says and I cover my mouth to keep from releasing a laugh. "What is all this, Mr. Ramon?" Singh asks and I look at his cart to see a bunch of tech.

"Oh, this right here? This is a little something I'm working on. I'm cooking it up for Joe and the task force to take down Metahumans. I think I'm gonna call it "the Boot". Oh here are the receipts." Cisco says.

I try to hold in a laugh again as Singh walks past Joe, Cisco, and I with a sigh. "Oh, um, Captain, one more thing--" Cisco starts to say, but Singh interrupts. "You are not getting a badge, Mr. Ramon." he replies to Cisco and Joe and I laugh. "He's really stingy with those badges, isn't he?" Cisco says. "Yeah, cops are funny that way." Joe says and I hug Cisco then turn to the stuff in the cart. "So, you really think you can get this to work?" I ask him and he nods. "Don't have me caught out on the street with my pants down." Joe says and I look at Cisco. "Yes, once I finish the Boot, CCPD will totally have what it needs to take down a metahuman. Especially now that Barry's decided to go all Lone Wolf McQuade, and fight crime by himself. By the way how was last night, Tori?" Cisco asks me. "No budge. He still won't give me my suit. It was a long night of fighting then lying in bed in silence. Plus, he hasn't told me anything about fighting crime on his own. Have you heard from Caitlin?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "Haven't heard from her since she started working at Mercury Labs." Cisco says and I cross my arms.

"Hey, Cisco. Hi, Tori. Hi, Dad." Iris says walking up to us.

"Hey, baby." Joe says hugging his daughter and kissing her cheek.

"Hey, Tori, I was wondering if you talked to Barry about the rally." Iris says looking at me.

"We were just saying." I say putting my hand on my hip and Cisco sighs.

"I'm sorry, but I can't believe they're gonna give the Flash the key to the city. Although, technically, as members of Team Flash, we should all be getting keys." Cisco says.