41

I wake up in the morning to see Barry still sleeping soundly as we laid there under the covers of the bed. As much as I wanted to stay here, in my boyfriend's arms, cuddling, but we both had to get to work. "Bar, you gotta get up." I say as I shake him slightly. Barry's eyes flutter open and he looks down at me. "Morning." he says huskily and I smile at him. "Hey. Don't you have somewhere to be?" I ask him and he groans as he buries his head in the nape of my neck. "Can't we stay here for a few minutes?" he complains and I roll my eyes. "No. You have to find out who this new Speedster is at your job, and I have to go to rehearsal." I say and he pulls me in closer to his body to try and change my mind. I give in to him and decide to cuddle with him for a few minutes. After a few minutes of cuddling, I took a quick shower and got dressed in a black crop top with high waisted blue jeans and a long pink cardigan. I do my make up and put my hair in a half bun and straighten the other half. After I was finished getting ready, I look over to Barry as he was putting on his coat. "Ready to go?" he asks me and I nod as I slip into a pair of flats. "Breakfast." I call out as I walk out of the room and into the kitchen. "There's no time." he says as he follows me.

"We would've had time if you weren't so lazy." I say and he rolls his eyes.

He speeds around the kitchen making bagels with cream cheese for the both of us. "That's not gonna fill you up." I say and he smiles. "I'll get something after I check out the scene." he says and I nod as I eat my bagel, then, after finishing my bagel, he speeds me over to the restaurant. "I'll see you later." he says and I nod as I stand on my tip toes and kiss him.

*~*~

It was finally the evening, and we were all at S.T.A.R. Labs to talk about this Speedster. I was in the Cortex as I left Barry and Cisco to talk about the new Speedster and as they walk in, Cisco complains about losing 60 bucks to that Speedster. "Maybe it's another one of Zoom's henchmen somehow?" Barry asks and I look at him with furrowed brows. "How? The breaches are closed. Zoom couldn't send anyone if he tried." I say and Cisco nods. "The only other way to become a speedster's from the particle accelerator explosion." Barry says as he walks over to me. "Ok, but then why only make yourself known now? You see what I'm saying." Cisco says. "He's right. We would've had to see them in action before." I say looking at Barry. "I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm just saying, that's the only other way to become a speedster." Barry says as he wraps his arm around me. "Actually, there's another way." Caitlin says and I look at her confusingly. "What do you mean?" I ask her, she then stands up and we follow her to the back of the medbay. She opens a containment storage and grabs something, "It's called Velocity-Nine." she says. "Ooh, it's a sexy-ass name. What is it?" Cisco asks her and she turns to us. "It's a speed drug. Jay took it when you were on Earth-2 to save the city from a meta-human." she says and I widen my eyes.

"What? How could you not tell me this?" Barry asks her as we follow her back to the Cortex.

"I promised Jay I wouldn't." Caitlin says.

"Jay? What do you... Why?"

"Because Jay knew how dangerous this drug is. I should know, Barry. Snow and I worked on it together." Harry says as he stands in the middle of the Cortex.

"Guys, I've been busting my butt out there, pushing myself to the limit, trying to get better, trying to be faster, and you're telling me that there's been something this whole time that could've helped me? This could've helped me take down Zoom."

"Or kill you!" I say and Barry looks at me. "You're not listening to them! They said that this drug is dangerous!"

"Tori, it could've helped me save Earth-2 Richard. Save Jay." Barry says, still not understanding.

"Jay was sick. The drug he took to regain his speed was also causing him cellular degeneration. It was killing him." Caitlin says, but Barry just looks away. "I tried to help. I tried to find a cure. But in all my experiments, the effects were just temporary. The V-Nine was deadly."