29

I've been resting for a week trying to heal the bruised rib cage, and it's been going well. Barry's been protective, but I'm pretty much used to it. Barry's been doing his Flash duties all day today and I stayed at home just bored to death as I tried to look for something to do at the house. Eventually, I get dressed in a cropped sweater that says 'Just Do It Later', whitewashed jeans, and baby teal sneakers. I put my hair up in a messy bun leaving a few strands out to frame my face and do my makeup. I grab my phone and head outside to see that the day was cloudy. I hail a cab as I walk into town and take it to Picture News. I walk in and walk over to Iris' desk and lean on it casually. "Hey, Iris." I say with a bright smile and she looks at me returning the smile. "Hey, Tori. What are you doing here? I thought you'd be with your boyfriend." she says and I cross my arms. "My boyfriend's been doing his job and is super busy zipping around the place. I got bored at home and decided to visit you since I have nothing better to do with this bruised rib cage. Thank you, Turtle." I say and she looks back at me. "You still haven't healed from that?" she asks and I shake my head. "Remember that I'm not the one with super healing." I tell her telepathically and she nods. "Well, I'm sure Barry will be home soon." Iris says turning back to the computer as she writes an article. I suddenly hear my phone ring and I answer it. "Hey, babe! What's up?" I ask as I look away from Iris.

"We need you at S.T.A.R. Labs, now." Barry says and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"What for?" I ask him.

"Turtle's dead." he replies and I widen my eyes.

"Ok. Be there as soon as I can. Love you." I say then I hang up.

I stand up straight and look at Iris, "Let me guess, something interesting finally happened and you gotta go?" she guesses and I laugh. "And that's why we're best friends, Iris West. See ya around." I say as I walk out. As soon as I get to S.T.A.R. Labs, I dash into the pipeline to see Caitlin and Barry inside the cell staring at the body, and Cisco, Wells, and Jay standing outside. "How... did it... happen?" I ask as I pant in exhaustion. "Preliminary brain scans shows an acute brain aneurysm." Caitlin says and I walk over to them once my breathing was calm and look at Barry. "The night we captured him. How's that for timing?" Jay says as he looks at Wells. "What does that mean? You think I did this, Garrick?" Wells asks him and Jay nods. "This man is the key to us stopping Zoom. The key to me saving my daughter. Why would I want that?" Wells asks him. "Never understood why you do anything, Harrison." Jay says and I just cross my arms and sigh as they start again. "That's fine with me, Garrick." Wells says and I was just done with this conversation. "Guys, look. We need to figure out how to stop Zoom. Everything we've tried so far has failed. We need to start thinking outside the box." Barry says to them as he walks up to me. "I mean, we haven't even figured out how to close the breaches yet. Maybe that's where we should start." Barry says and I nod in agreement. "That's a good idea. I'll get on that." Wells says and Barry looks down at me. "You ok?" he asks me looking at me in concern. "I'm fine. You know, if this was a way to get me out and to be with you, it worked." I say and he laughs and kisses me. Soon, we hear his phone vibrate and I look at him, "I gotta get to CCPD." he says and I grab his hand. "Take me with you? I'm bored at the house anyway. If I'm with you, I can help you get organized, or something." I say and he laughs. "Fine. Come on." he says and we walk out of the pipeline.

*~*~

Barry and I were in his lab and I was helping him sort stuff out, until I turn to see him checking me out. "Stop that." I say to him as I chuckle. "Stop what? I'm not doing anything." he says and I turn to him. "Sure your not." I say as I walk over to him and he pulls me in making me sit on his lap and he kisses me. I kiss him back as I chuckle a bit and run my hands through his hair. "Ahem." we hear someone clear their voice and we pull away to see Patty there. "Oh, hey, Patty." Barry says as I get off of Barry's lap and he stands up. "Hey. I just wanted to see if you could run this trace for me. Someone messed with an enthol transport truck. They cut the break line and tampered with the gear shafts." she tells him. "Yeah. Sure." Barry says and I look at Patty. "Hey, Patty. How are things going?" I ask trying to start a conversation. "Great! I'm actually leaving to Midway City for a CSI school." she says and I widen my eyes. "Well, I know you'll be a great CSI, but I know that the CCPD will miss you." I tell her and she smiles politely. "Thanks, Tori." she says and I give her a polite smile. "Well, gotta get back to work. See ya." she says as she walks out and I wave.